Discontinuing coins - feedback needed

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Discontinuing coins - feedback needed

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:57 pm

We are preparing within the next week or two to introduce Poloniex as another supported exchange. Adding Poloniex will allow the pool to offer many more scrypt coins and improve profitability. However, before we can add new coins, we must discontinue some existing coins to free server resources.

I have analyzed the coins we offer and prepared a list of the coins that I believe should be discontinued. However, this list is not final, and I would appreciate your feedback on the choices. If you would like one or more of these coins to remain, I can keep the coins, but If I do not hear any feedback I will assume that there are no objections.

The proposed coins for discontinuation are:

Coins whose markets have been in error for at least a month preventing exchange deposits and withdrawals:
Anoncoin
Cosmoscoin
Elacoin
Litebar
Luckycoin
Lucky7coin
Orbitcoin
Stablecoin
Zedcoin

Coins that cannot be scrypt mined and have low market volume:
Coinmarketscoin
Darkshibe
Shadecoin

As a reminder, when a coin is discontinued, we will payout all balances owed in the coin to the address on file regardless of the amount owed. If you do not have a wallet address entered, then all balances will be forefeit, so please ensure that if you do have a balance in one of these coins, you have a wallet address associated with you account so you can be paid when the coin is discontinued.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Discontinuing coins - feedback needed

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:14 pm

I will be going through another round of discontinuing coins in the next few days. The following have been unavailable for deposit or withdrawal from exchanges for the past month and will be discontinued:

Krugercoin
Paycoin (the old version, not the XPY version)

At that time I will also be updating CryptogenicBullion (CGB) to its new name CryptoBullion and new exchange symbol CBX. Other than the change in name, there will be no effect on users who want the coin for payout.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:14 pm

I will be discontinuing Fastcoin in the near future. The coin's blockchain is so large that it consumes an excessive amount of server resources - around 2 GB of memory for that daemon alone. For reference, the Bitcoin client, the second most resource intensive daemon, requires under 1 GB. Fastcoin is constantly using 100% of one CPU core, and block submissions take over 5 seconds. For a coin with 12 second block times, this is unacceptable. If the Fastcoin developers release a daemon with reduced resource requirements, then I may consider re-adding it. However, I can add 5-10 more profitable daemons for the amount of resources Fastcoin consumes. Users who have Fastcoin balances will be paid out before discontinuation.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:23 pm

Cetuscoin's market was discontinued on the only exchange that supported it - Bittrex - so I am forced to discontinue it as well.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:15 am

Be aware that Marscoin and Sourcecoin may be discontinued by the only exchange offering them - Poloniex - at the end of the month. If this occurs, I will need to discontinue them on Prohashing as well.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:03 pm

It looks like Marscoin was spared from removal from Poloniex, so I will not be discontinuing it.

There are currently five coins where all exchanges' wallets are locked preventing deposits and withdrawals:

Bitbar
Galaxycoin
Gamerscoin
Nanotoken
Sourcecoin

If these markets do not become re-enabled by exchanges by the end of March, I will be discontinuing the coins permanently.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:04 pm

All coins stated in the above post, with the exception of Bitbar, were discontinued today. Bitbar was unlocked by Cryptsy at the last moment, so I did not have to discontinue it.

I have compiled another list of coins that will be discontinued on April 22 if exchanges do not resume allowing deposits and withdrawals:

Gamecoin
Memecoin
Neocoin
Royalcoin
Starcoin

Memecoin and Gamecoin are not explicitly blocked by the exchange from deposits and withdrawals, but Cryptsy's block chain is stuck at the same height and no longer acquiring new blocks from the community. Despite support tickets asking them to resolve the issue, they have done nothing, so I can't offer the coins for mining or payout.