Chris investigating issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
skinner

Re: Chris investigating issues

Post by skinner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:11 pm

Aura89 wrote:
skinner wrote:
You seem to misinterpret making suggestions to what some may see as an improvement and having more options as complaining.

And you are clearly unaware of previous days (about a week ago) when PH kept the miners connected but submitted no shares and did not let them default to the backup pools, i am down approximately $300 from that day and we have already been told that we will not be getting reimbursed for the issue.

Is there anything else you would like me to clarify?
I'm going to continue to call BS on this one. That, or i'm just the luckiest person in the world. Every single day in the past month i can view my pyaments from my main (here) and my backup (litecoinpool) and on the problem days, yes, i made less, but not because prohashing gave me less, but because when prohashing was down, i got kicked to litecoinpool and i make less there. Nothing out of the ordinary. And every single time it's been a problem with prohashing not going down but giving low revenue, i've gained 15% from what i would have created.

No matter what, every single day in the last month, i have made more from mining here as my main and litecoinpool as my backup, then if i had litecoinpool as my main. I have never made less, unless it was compensated for.

So either i'm just the luckiest guy in the entire world and the only one in this forum that is lucky, or the complaints are BS and you don't actually do any comparison or add up what you made from your backup, and instead of doing your own homework, say its someone elses fault.

This isn't a "paid for service".
AppleMiner wrote:Aura89-- because there are times, when the server just slows down and as a result the miners are NOT kicked off but rather held hostage, mining on a server getting half the hashrate because no one is finding valid shares with all the slowness/lag, and because nothing was found to be distributed there is no compensations the follow day. We had 2-3 days in a row like that a few weeks ago.
I don't see this in my history, so again, i must be the luckiest guy in the world and everyone else is having issues but myself. Yay me.

I'm not saying there aren't days in my history that were not that great.

Take 11/14 as an example (or 11/13? payment on 11/14)

0.20752767 from prohasing. Not so good of a day for an L3+, but:
0.05477523 from litecoinpool.
Total: 0.2623029, or for that day: $16.52

Again, not a great day value wise, but litecoinpool pays less (in general) for mining. As much as 25% less.

If i had been mining at litecoinpool that whole day only, i'd have made around 0.21 LTC, or $13

11/14 (payment day) is the lowest day that i have that was not compensated for later + 15%. It's all in my wallet history plain as day to see. I literally, since 9/26/17, do not have another day with a lower payment from prohashing then .20, and every day that is lower then expected, either has my backup making up the difference (minus the fact they pay less) or a compensation from prohashing.

ok your are right, everyone else is wrong. sorry for wasting your time.
skinner

Post by skinner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:33 pm

AppleMiner wrote:But how do you KEEP the connection cut is the question.

If this feature were put in...when what? If my L3+ that hashs at 500 reports less than 300, Do what exactly?
BAN your IP so you can never mine here again?
Kick you from the pool?? OK, so your miner instantly hits pool2....and then 5 seconds later it sends out a work request...Oh hey, pool1 is open and I can connect to it...Ill switch back to pool 1. And then it takes a few mins you get a calculated hashrate, its lower than 300 and it boots you off again...over and over and over. All you will do is spend time hoping from pool1 to pool2 and back. How is that helpful?

Unless you can alter the order your miner is looking to connect to the pools from the miners side, I am not seeing how this suggestion will help.
The email monitor side would be a nice addition so you are at least notified and can take actions you want for your setup, but having the pool, autokick based on hashrate over a period of time(last 10 mins of work once > 10 mins of connection time) but leaving your miner as having the pool as still the top choice just means its going to connect in and again and repeat the same actions right?
Just realised the function is already there, if you were to select ''Require API key in password arguments'' in setting then what i have been suggesting would be possible.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:38 pm

That would be a permanent kick until you log into prohash and turn it back off, but yes that would work.

If you have the miners all set with NO API key coming in, you could log into Prohashing, turn on the API required, and that would kick all the miners over to pool2 until you log into prohashing later on and turn that requirement back off.

I'd rather have the awesome miner setup to do that on a 1 on 1 basis with miner rigs as needed and not the whole account, but thats just me.
skinner

Post by skinner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:05 pm

AppleMiner wrote:That would be a permanent kick until you log into prohash and turn it back off, but yes that would work.

If you have the miners all set with NO API key coming in, you could log into Prohashing, turn on the API required, and that would kick all the miners over to pool2 until you log into prohashing later on and turn that requirement back off.

I'd rather have the awesome miner setup to do that on a 1 on 1 basis with miner rigs as needed and not the whole account, but thats just me.
So after calculating my projecting earnings every 2 hours PH was looking like it was going to do $390 ish today for me (calculated 18 hours in to the day).
I made the switch using the API key as mentioned before and my projected earnings on litecoinpool are currently at $467.

So like you said a permanent kick until i want to swap them back is what i was looking for.

Have you used awesome miner? I have trouble getting the miner to change pool automatically and have spoken to the developer about it, his response was ''Thanks for contacting me. I assume you are looking for a workaround for the fact that it can be difficult to set pool priority in a predicatable way on Antminers, as described in the Limitation section here:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/pools.aspx#groups'' read the last paragraph.

It seems awesome miner was designed mainly for GPU miners and the only way to reliably change the pool on any Antminer is to have awesome miner change the default pool's (cannot be done automatically) which then requires a full restart of the machine.

Also, awesome miner cannot do automatic profit switching with PH as a pool, this is the same reason why PH does not appear on whattomine.com. The developers comments on this are ''In general, Prohashing is not designed very well, because many of there concepts doesn't work well with any management software. They also have the same Pool URL and port for many coins, which is a terrible idea, because Awesome Miner will never be able to tell which coin you are mining.''
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:14 pm

Yes I agree, for me, Awesome miner was just a very nice monitor program.
It was geared more for GPU rigs and on the fly switching of pools, the restart after applying the settings to ASIC machines makes it less useful than for GPU miners I think.