System reached capacity

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AppleMiner

Re: System reached capacity

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:28 am

rulovico wrote:I know it's none of my business , but I would give ZiGen proposal a chance
They have law hoops they must jump through first in order to make any decisions.
They cannot proceed until they get the lawyer's approval to move forward.

Unlike other pools that operate outside the USA and hide their money and don't pay taxes, the brother live in the USA and would like to continue to live outside of an IRS prison for the foreseeable future. They can't really jeopardize their freedom to run a side business.
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:40 am

AppleMiner wrote:
rulovico wrote:I know it's none of my business , but I would give ZiGen proposal a chance
They have law hoops they must jump through first in order to make any decisions.
They cannot proceed until they get the lawyer's approval to move forward.

Unlike other pools that operate outside the USA and hide their money and don't pay taxes, the brother live in the USA and would like to continue to live outside of an IRS prison for the foreseeable future. They can't really jeopardize their freedom to run a side business.
I don't think lawyer's advice need is TAX related. The simple accountant/CPA is enough for TAX purposes., but I could be wrong.
rulovico

Post by rulovico » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:07 am

red tape, red tape, red tape, evil capitalism is long dead (for some)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:25 am

For now, Chris is going to purposely restore that 10,000 connection limit he removed a while ago. That way, new connections will fail to connect and go back to backup pools for now.

With ZiGen, we really appreciate your help, but again, we know what the problem is and we have code to fix it. We don't need development experience, we need to lawyers who can give certainty so that the release can be issued. We are working on that problem, but lawyers have other clients and take a lot of time to answer questions. I don't think there is anything that anyone can do right now.

The minute that a lawyer gets back with a positive response, we'll start moving forward, but until then, we simply cannot take on more customers or hire anyone.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:35 am

I think the lower effeciency and stales started as soon as we passed that 7500 mark.
Here's to hoping 10,000 keeps the levels going smoothly.
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:25 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:For now, Chris is going to purposely restore that 10,000 connection limit he removed a while ago. That way, new connections will fail to connect and go back to backup pools for now.

With ZiGen, we really appreciate your help, but again, we know what the problem is and we have code to fix it. We don't need development experience, we need to lawyers who can give certainty so that the release can be issued. We are working on that problem, but lawyers have other clients and take a lot of time to answer questions. I don't think there is anything that anyone can do right now.

The minute that a lawyer gets back with a positive response, we'll start moving forward, but until then, we simply cannot take on more customers or hire anyone.
Maybe I'm reading too much into this but my guess is you're looking towards a lawyer for a services agreement that doesn't make you liable in the event of operational issues along with ensuring you're following all proper laws that are currently in place so that you are not in some sort of violation of or considered to be a unlicensed money transmitting business along with some other legal hurdles.

If I'm right on those subjects, I can understand your trepidation with moving forward and expanding your business... however as an end user impacted by the issues here, I must say as others have... it sucks waiting on a solution, this is dragging on entirely too long and we all look forward to a timely solution.
mcdavi02

Post by mcdavi02 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:24 pm

I think ZiGen sounds like he knows what is up, and should come to PA as soon as possible. Anything us users can do to help move the ball downfield?
centar

Post by centar » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:For now, Chris is going to purposely restore that 10,000 connection limit he removed a while ago. That way, new connections will fail to connect and go back to backup pools for now.

If you have the code written already, why not release it? What is it about that specific code that you need to have a lawyer sign off before you release it? Is it that you can't release the code without being available full time to support it?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:38 am

centar wrote:

If you have the code written already, why not release it? What is it about that specific code that you need to have a lawyer sign off before you release it? Is it that you can't release the code without being available full time to support it?
The code parallelizes coin assignment. It would be disastrous to release it without having a full test environment because race conditions are impossible to reproduce without having a lot of miners on the system. When this code goes live, I need to be able to be available 24/7 until all the issues are resolved, which I can't do right now.
centar

Post by centar » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:56 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
centar wrote:

The code parallelizes coin assignment. It would be disastrous to release it without having a full test environment because race conditions are impossible to reproduce without having a lot of miners on the system. When this code goes live, I need to be able to be available 24/7 until all the issues are resolved, which I can't do right now.
Gotcha, makes sense thanks.