Policy changes coming this weekend

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Policy changes coming this weekend

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:46 pm

There will be a few policy changes coming this weekend, which will affect a large number of customers.

First, attempting to log into more than five accounts with invalid passwords will result in a permanent ban for that IP address. There doesn't seem to be any legitimate reason why one address would need to log into so many accounts. Even if you mistype your username, that would only result in two invalid account logins. The existing limit of 25 login attempts per day for any single account will also remain active.

Second, customers with two-factor authentication disabled will be prohibited from raising the payout threshold on their accounts, meaning that they will be forced payouts at $1 (except for some coins.) The change will be applied retroactively to existing accounts, so there will be a large number of payouts the first day when we get this enabled. You can avoid this new restriction entirely by enabling two-factor authentication.

In the future, we are also considering banning payouts in bitcoins for accounts without two-factor authentication, since we can't lower the payout threshold for that coin low enough for accounts that are weakly protected. If that is implemented, it will occur at a later time and be announced in advance.

Thanks for your understanding as we continue to add additional security measures to prevent crime and make it easier to report criminals to the police. Enabling two-factor authentication is simple and will exempt you from these and future restrictions.
MaterialResources

Re: Policy changes coming this weekend

Post by MaterialResources » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:22 pm

I have enabled two-factor authentication but I am unable to type the answer on to you page. It is not my computer or keyboard having a problem, they work fine. Do you have a solution to that?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:30 pm

all great ideas to protect security, bitcoin has always been crazy high, i guess its due to exchange fees?
MaterialResources

Post by MaterialResources » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:37 pm

The answer I receive from Authy is over ten digits long, but there seem to be fewer than nine spaces to type into your answer box. Plus, the answer box does not allow letters to be typed in strings of 2 or more. How do I fix this? Do you have "Authenticator" that sends numbers to phones available?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 pm

it should only be six characters long. you entered your auth key in authy incorrectly possibly
MaterialResources

Post by MaterialResources » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:43 pm

I am using a different app to scan with. Does that make a difference?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:51 pm

possibly you should be able to scan the code with authy
MaterialResources

Post by MaterialResources » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:11 pm

I am using Authy now. The first code expired as entering. Then I entered the next code and I receive a message, Invalid Authentication Code. I have tried repeatedly and receive the same message.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:19 pm

When I went to the AUTHY site, it seems they only have 2FA for certain websites.
When I typed in prohashing it did not show that it knew what it was.
Perhaps you can add and scan in the code key into that program, if not, id just grab the google authenticator and use that.
MaterialResources

Post by MaterialResources » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 pm

Thanks, I used google authenticator to scan and I was able to get Two-factor authentication enable! Thanks again.