New policy on forum accounts

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

New policy on forum accounts

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Unfortunately, there has been an increase in the number of forum accounts where users solely provide one-line responses, with poor grammar and incomplete sentences, to existing posts. Some users have had 20 or more posts like this, without posting any original content or significant thoughts.

All viewpoints are welcome here, but we also want to make this a great place for discussion where there is quality content. Therefore, we will be instituting a new policy where users who never write anything other than these one-line posts will first be warned in a private message, and then if they continue to post nothing of value, they will be banned and all their posts deleted.

Most users are not affected by this policy. Sometimes, replies only need one line to get the point across. But for those who simply repeat sentences with little to add, we ask that you make more of an effort to contribute.
AppleMiner

Re: New policy on forum accounts

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:09 pm

So this just applies to the scammer people who have learned you cant post a scam add with 1 post count and only being on the forums for 2 days??

So now they are making an account, sitting on it for a month, posting up 15 replies like, I agree. and Me too. and +1 to that.
So when they post their scam to sell miners, open a new pool, come invest in my new coin that may never go live, they have a bit more cred?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:14 pm

AppleMiner wrote:So this just applies to the scammer people who have learned you cant post a scam add with 1 post count and only being on the forums for 2 days??

So now they are making an account, sitting on it for a month, posting up 15 replies like, I agree. and Me too. and +1 to that.
So when they post their scam to sell miners, open a new pool, come invest in my new coin that may never go live, they have a bit more cred?
That's interesting. I was perplexed as to why people would waste so much effort writing so many one-line replies. That might explain it.
LMC

Post by LMC » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:37 pm

I hope you're not going to include users who just don't generally post in this policy.

As a miner on PH, I need a forum account to monitor current pool issues and maybe make very occasional comments or questions. I don't feel the need to contribute much towards general chat.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Just make a block button and unblock button almost every website has them facebook,bitcointalk.org and alot of others so why dont PH have it hmmmm. let it be the peoples choice who they want to block.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:21 am

dog1965 wrote:Just make a block button and unblock button almost every website has them facebook,bitcointalk.org and alot of others so why dont PH have it hmmmm. let it be the peoples choice who they want to block.
This has nothing to do with individual peoples problems with other people, but rather the way the owners of this forum want this place to operate as and what new people coming to these forums will see. As well, as the original posts states, it's pretty much spam when they are not posts that help in regards to the topic at hand and are repeated throughout the forum.

I'm not sure how you got from this post that it's about individual users wanting to block other people so they don't see their posts/comments.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:35 am

dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:38 am

Aura89 wrote:
dog1965 wrote:Just make a block button and unblock button almost every website has them facebook,bitcointalk.org and alot of others so why dont PH have it hmmmm. let it be the peoples choice who they want to block.
This has nothing to do with individual peoples problems with other people, but rather the way the owners of this forum want this place to operate as and what new people coming to these forums will see. As well, as the original posts states, it's pretty much spam when they are not posts that help in regards to the topic at hand and are repeated throughout the forum.

I'm not sure how you got from this post that it's about individual users wanting to block other people so they don't see their posts/comments.

then why do most websites have this button ????? I bet its really gratify's you to post that.
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:04 am

No offense to anyone here but the fact that the brothers are having to waste time on stuff like this when they could be allocating time towards fixing pool issues or expanding capability is ridiculous. Anyone adversely affected by this policy change needs to quit their practicing of this type of behavior or simply just take their hashing power and their "content" elsewhere.

In short, if you don't like this policy, you should look elsewhere for a policy more favorable to you.