Chris working on issue

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dog1965

Re: Chris working on issue

Post by dog1965 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:50 am

Another thing say what you will sarc or not. how come all other pools work normally only this one dont. Even though I like this one the best because of its features.
Harrison

Post by Harrison » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:32 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:There are some interesting comments here that I want to reply to, but can't reply until the end of the day. I'll come back here in 8 hours. For now, all the corrections have been issued, and users affected were given the usual 15% bonus, and this issue should now be resolved.
Thanks for getting everything fixed and for sending out corrections as you always do - much appreciated.
Harrison

Post by Harrison » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:36 am

dog1965 wrote:Another thing say what you will sarc or not. how come all other pools work normally only this one dont. Even though I like this one the best because of its features.
I’m sure Steve will have a better answer, but my guess is the age of the pool + complexity of payouts. Since you have the multi-coin payout option, it adds a lot of moving parts someone like NH doesn’t have to deal with. It’s also possible other issues aren’t brought to light when they exist with other pools, they just get secretly fixed as opposed to announced. I’m personally a fan of the visibility they provide when issues arise - at least I know what’s going on and that they are working on it.
faceguydb

Post by faceguydb » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:28 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:There are some interesting comments here that I want to reply to, but can't reply until the end of the day. I'll come back here in 8 hours. For now, all the corrections have been issued, and users affected were given the usual 15% bonus, and this issue should now be resolved.
Smart and mature move to wait and not react emotionally; don't feed the trolls.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:12 am

faceguydb wrote:
Smart and mature move to wait and not react emotionally; don't feed the trolls.
Thats true also agreed thanks.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:22 am

Just want to say one thing.......

A good programmer or should I say coder is one that has very few bugs or none at all after he writes the code thats how you judge a programmer no if thens or butts about it. and also writes the minimal amount of code to get the job done. end of story.
Harrison

Post by Harrison » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:02 pm

dog1965 wrote:Just want to say one thing.......

A good programmer or should I say coder is one that has very few bugs or none at all after he writes the code thats how you judge a programmer no if thens or butts about it. and also writes the minimal amount of code to get the job done. end of story.
Not correct - example below:

Dev A: 2 years to build a rudimentary program, simple, should have taken a month max, but introduced zero bugs

Dev B: 6 months to build an extremely complex system, might be impossible for Dev A to understand, but introduces a few bugs

Which Dev is better? It’s not as simple as saying a dev that doesn’t introduce bugs is better than one that does. They could be working on very different systems, with differently complexity, and different timelines. In the above, Dev B is clearly superior - bugs would have been introduced due to the compressed timeline requirements, but due to the skill of the dev, most likely the bugs would be easy to fix and locate.
Kfedorek

Post by Kfedorek » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:31 pm

Because other pools dont auto mine the most profitable scrypt coin an then sell it at market value for you and convert it into any other currency. This is a great project with a great 2 man team behind it. If you dont like it then go mine elsewhere...nobody is forcing you to stay here. But sitting here bashing the devs who devote their life to this to make it better for you dosent help. An its simple setup a back up pool so if this oen goes down your miners mine there.... Thanks for the hard work Steve and Chris!
mikhalkinv

Post by mikhalkinv » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:39 pm

Is there any share correction allready? My shares at the same point.
Harrison

Post by Harrison » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:04 pm

Kfedorek wrote:Because other pools dont auto mine the most profitable scrypt coin an then sell it at market value for you and convert it into any other currency. This is a great project with a great 2 man team behind it. If you dont like it then go mine elsewhere...nobody is forcing you to stay here. But sitting here bashing the devs who devote their life to this to make it better for you dosent help. An its simple setup a back up pool so if this oen goes down your miners mine there.... Thanks for the hard work Steve and Chris!
Well said.