Chris working on issue

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris working on issue

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Chris is working on an issue that appeared suddenly last night. For an unknown reason, the share inserters get behind almost immediately after startup. The issue started this morning despite making no changes.

So far, we have been unable to determine the cause of the problem. Chris will keep everyone updated with his progress on troubleshooting once more information becomes available.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Chris working on issue

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:31 pm

It seems as if the system is now catching up, but we don't know what's different now. A working theory is that these issues are somehow related to Javapipe's outages today. Javapipe's entire connection is going offline, while our servers are still fully operational.

Things seem to be working OK at the moment, and Chris is submitting a ticket to Javapipe to follow up on this theory.
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:54 pm

will miners be corrected for lost shares?
powertrade

Post by powertrade » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:11 pm

My first post just joined.

I am assuming this topic has to do with the Pool being down?

Homepage eventually comes up but when I click to submit login for the pop up, it does nothing. Cant log in to Pool.

Earlier today before it went down totally I noticed it was still hashing but it showed I had Zero worker miners.

Are miners down or is it just the Pool Interface???

Have you identified the issue and have an approximate ETA when things are back online?

Hope to get a reply. Thank you
zikica

Post by zikica » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:21 pm

Hi,
As I can see miners are mining on PH, as they've been all day, but the income is about a 1/3 of the previous day :(.
powertrade

Post by powertrade » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:24 pm

oh no...

I noticed my hashing power on some of my workers are way under what my hashrate should be. I am not sure if that is on PH end or my end..

Some of the workers are way under performing like a difference of 70 MH/s to 150 MH/s under what they should be for most of the workers.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:26 pm

It looks like the cause of this problem was a few coin daemons that were using 100% CPU and disk on some servers. Chris is going to add a task to monitor coins over time, because we never considered this issue. He'll schedule coins that are inefficient for discontinuation.

The system will catch up its several hour backlog over time, and Chris will issue share corrections later in the evening for any shares that aren't inserted.
greenhorn0815

Post by greenhorn0815 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Save to reconnect or wait?
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Chris is working on an issue that appeared suddenly last night. For an unknown reason, the share inserters get behind almost immediately after startup. The issue started this morning despite making no changes.

So far, we have been unable to determine the cause of the problem. Chris will keep everyone updated with his progress on troubleshooting once more information becomes available.
You mean more bugs again then you say the system has no bugs I mean come on if the system is not working correctly as intended that means it has bugs any colledge grad knows that,
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:52 pm

A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways. ... A program that contains a large number of bugs, and/or bugs that seriously interfere with its functionality, is said to be buggy (defective). I think there program is very buggy and needs an overhaul.