System offline

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

System offline

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 am

The system appears to be offline. The reason is probably something simple like the server running out of disk space, but unfortunately, I can't do anything about it at work and Chris had just fallen asleep when I called him.

I'll try contacting Chris again, but it's possible that it might be at long as 6 hours before someone is able to get things running again.
Morbiduzz

Re: System offline

Post by Morbiduzz » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:54 am

wow, no good news bro :(
$Litecoin For The Win !! :mrgreen:
faceguydb

Post by faceguydb » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:59 am

I mean backup pools right? I appreciate the pool, the profits and how much work was clearly put in here. I hope the problem is minor and easily resolved.
xichas

Post by xichas » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:18 am

Hi Steve

I have an account for some time now since my gridseeds and now with my antminer L3, I´m seeing much more instability than before, my advice to you is start thinking in create a good team to take care of prohashing, by the daily earnings announced I think its possible to mantain 2 or 3 employees, with technical competence to mantain and improve prohashing, consider also put prohashing working in a more capable server, because the exponential increase of miners and hashing power will increase even more.

Regards
Xichas
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:23 am

It looks like Chris got the system back online.

When the weekend arrives, I'm going to spend time writing software that will restart services if they go offline, in addition to fixing whatever caused this issue.

My guess is that the problem is probably a RAM shortage, because that's happened in the past. Unfortunately, one of the problems with physically owning the servers is that we can't easily add more RAM because of how long it would take to get there. Nevertheless, making software improvements to use less RAM is always better than buying hardware.
simonjbcmm

Post by simonjbcmm » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:51 am

Thank you Steve and Chris. You both are outstanding. Thank you for providing the ProHashing service.
-Jonathon
bellaminer

Post by bellaminer » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:54 am

:( Multiple days of stability then a total black out this morning. We are now testing NH as we can't depend on PH being up. Fingers crossed you guys get stable.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:22 am

xichas wrote:Hi Steve

I have an account for some time now since my gridseeds and now with my antminer L3, I´m seeing much more instability than before, my advice to you is start thinking in create a good team to take care of prohashing, by the daily earnings announced I think its possible to mantain 2 or 3 employees, with technical competence to mantain and improve prohashing, consider also put prohashing working in a more capable server, because the exponential increase of miners and hashing power will increase even more.

Regards
Xichas
Thanks for the recommendation. We actually performed an evaluation in late August to determine if a similar course of action is feasible. Right now, we're awaiting a reply from a lawyer before we can announce the results of the evaluation.

We hope to be able to make an announcement about this within a few weeks, and, depending on the answer, be able to execute the decision by mid-November.
DuncanBoaz

Post by DuncanBoaz » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:26 am

All of this instability seems to come from the simple growing pains of the expanding Crypto Market. Xichas is correct. There are more machines then ever and it's only going to keep growing. That's Moore's Law.

What started as a hobby and a pipedream for many has become a profession and lifestyle. Cryptoland is no longer some small Niche. The world has noticed. When entire countries start talking about Digitizing their Fiat Currencies, changing economic laws, and trying to ban systems that threaten previous systems....A whole different prospective has to be taken.

ProHashing is a massive hub. The "workers" from 2 years ago pale in comparison to today. Delegating tasks beyond the reach of 2 people could significantly improve stability for the site and quality of product for all parties involved.

Screw this Switching to NH or "Fingers crossed you guys get stable" kind of comments.

What can we all do to help? How can we effectively tackle system problems? How many of us have AMPLE free time because we generate streams of income purely from placing orders on exchanges and running computers?

If a few of us work with the Brother's instead of chatting about how they could do things differently, we want to leave, and they "owe" us for our own security flaws it could all be better. It's pretty fantastic already.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:My guess is that the problem is probably a RAM shortage, because that's happened in the past. Unfortunately, one of the problems with physically owning the servers is that we can't easily add more RAM because of how long it would take to get there
I WILL pay the overnite shipping charges for you to ship the memory there faster. :lol:

I know I know, unless you go to Philly to install it, that wont help. I know, I know.