Release issued today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
hashingpro

Re: Release issued today

Post by hashingpro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:57 pm

So if ghost miner totals were still being counted in the numbers used to track hashrate distribution, what all numbers make up that distribution?

For Scrypt say, SOLO_MINERS_HASHRATE + POOL_MINERS_HASHRATE + Pool's own custom picker weights.

And just the last part was affected the weights you apply yourself to the coins.

And the worse they can do is find the best coin, connect 1000 miners, reconnect them 4 or 5 times within a few mins, stack up 5000 workers for the price of 1000 and drop the coin to the floor as far as the pool picker/weighted hashrate for that coin is concerned, and then just leave 1000 workers on it to mine it all to themselves without the pool getting a taste of it.

But now that has been fixed.
OK the weighted part was what was throwing me off, I think that clears it thanks.

So any chance of seeing the daily payouts broken down into solo scrypt, pool, solo x-11 and pool
might be nice to see how the splits are across the x11 and scrypt pools.
mycide

Post by mycide » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:36 am

Would also be interested in seeing solo vs pool statistics.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 am

To clarify, static coin miners, whether solo or not, are not counted in these weights. They are completely independent. There can be more hashrate in static coin miners than dynamic miners in some cases. Currently, there is no limit.

It's important to recognize that we can't limit the number of solo static coin miners. Anyone can start up a coin daemon and mine it solo and statically to compete with us with unlimited hashrate, so we might as well get many of them here.

For PPS static coin miners, we will be making a change to limit the number of those miners, because they are actually costing themselves money. We've been getting tickets from people who look at the top of the list and send enormous amounts of hashrate to coins with difficulty 0.03, and then find that 99% of their blocks are rejected as stale due to network latency. Their miners are finding blocks so quickly that they waste everyone's money. We'll be limiting the number of static coin miners so that blocks are found at most at a reasonable interval, like 0.5 or 1s.

Your thoughts are welcome on what we should do in this instance. My thoughts are that in this case, we should temporarily assign the overloaded miners to dynamic mining until the coin's difficulty increases. We can also simply disconnect the miners, but since the disconnects would have to be random, we'll get tickets from people who complain that they can't connect, even though they would only be submitting stale blocks if they were connected anyway.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:To clarify, static coin miners, whether solo or not, are not counted in these weights. They are completely independent.
So if a coin only has a network hashrate of say 10GH, and there are 20GH from solo and static miners on that coin already, the auto pool coin picker doesn't take the fact there is already 2X more power on that coin then the coin needs when weighting the coins profitability on if we should mine it as part of the autopool's profit choices?

Whatever changes you make, please make a clear concise error message to be displayed explaining what happened.
ERROR: The profits from the static coin you selected were too low, you have been automatically switched to a more profitable coin.

And my next questions would be, if/when that coin becomes profitable, will the user who selected to static mine that coin be given the coin back? Have a higher priority to get back on that coin? Would the user ever switch back to his static coin once on dynamic? If eventually the static coin anyone selects becomes not the highest coin wont everyone fall into this category in a matter of time while mining? If so is there still a need for static coin mining on the site?
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:26 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:To clarify, static coin miners, whether solo or not, are not counted in these weights. They are completely independent. There can be more hashrate in static coin miners than dynamic miners in some cases. Currently, there is no limit.

It's important to recognize that we can't limit the number of solo static coin miners. Anyone can start up a coin daemon and mine it solo and statically to compete with us with unlimited hashrate, so we might as well get many of them here.

For PPS static coin miners, we will be making a change to limit the number of those miners, because they are actually costing themselves money. We've been getting tickets from people who look at the top of the list and send enormous amounts of hashrate to coins with difficulty 0.03, and then find that 99% of their blocks are rejected as stale due to network latency. Their miners are finding blocks so quickly that they waste everyone's money. We'll be limiting the number of static coin miners so that blocks are found at most at a reasonable interval, like 0.5 or 1s.

Your thoughts are welcome on what we should do in this instance. My thoughts are that in this case, we should temporarily assign the overloaded miners to dynamic mining until the coin's difficulty increases. We can also simply disconnect the miners, but since the disconnects would have to be random, we'll get tickets from people who complain that they can't connect, even though they would only be submitting stale blocks if they were connected anyway.
If nothing changes...could you please clarify WHO will be disconnected? The last to start hashing on that coin would be the best IMO. Reason being...if I'm soloing a coin and another pool throws a ton of hash on it and lowers it's difficulty, when I would be getting the most coins from it (low difficulty) would be really unfair if I'm the one who is booted off of the coin, regardless of my hash....but what is your current thinking?

*EDIT*
Same applies to PPS as Solo in my example btw
Last edited by JKDReaper on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:51 pm

Static pool miners not static solo one JKD.
If you are solo mining you will NOT be booted from your coin.

This is for people in the pool that think if they static mine a low diff coin they get more shares of the bigger pie and somehow might earn more money, over time they actually just cost themselves money.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Ya I meant to add that line...same applies, but for different reasons...if I'm mining a coin at 10 difficulty and it jumps to 1...I shouldn't' be the one kicked is what I'm trying to get at.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:46 pm

If it goes from 10 down to 1, i would think everyone gets kicked and sent to go mine a 9 or 8 coin no?
In fact as soon as the coin you are on goes past any other coin that is available for the good of your profits you should be switched.
The more you get, the more 5% fees they get.
And that being the case, do we still need static coin mining on here that isnt solo? With the changes being mulled over Id say NO.
Can you find me a purpose static pool mining serves on here?

Why would you purposely want to be the LAST one to leave, if anything I would want to be the first one off the boat.
What, my coin sucks and you have another? I was here first so I can leave now if I want? sign me up!
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 pm

Watch Kronecoin for example...not perfect, but easiest to see and make sense of...if I'm mining it with 5g and it's difficulty drops...making it more profitable...I shouldn't be forced off of it because I have 5g. No I don't want to mine a .5 diff coin with 5g...and no Krone doesn't drop to .5 diff...but it's an example.

Forcing off of a low difficulty coin...forces off of a high profitabilty coin. You can't put a ton of hash on .5 diff obviously, it's a waste...but if I'm already on that coin with 100mh, and Joe jumps on because it went high profitabilty...I shouldn't be the one booted off.

Difficulty is directly related to profitability...so no, you don't want to be taken off a coin when it's difficulty lowers. That's why BCC's profitability raises and lowers...it's difficulty does also in coorelation...which is why miners are assigned and unassigned from it...they are assigned when it goes higher profit/lower difficulty. Again, an extreme example...but I don't own 10g mining...so I'm concerned with the smaller hash I have and use being forced off coins. And yes, that is what he's saying...I just want clarification on what his current thinking of WHO is taken off of a coin and when.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:51 pm

So as its profitability drops more and more, please keep you on it, rather than move you to another coin that is paying better.

You work at Mcdonalds and they pay $9 an hour.
Burger King, Wendys and jack in the box are paying $12, 13 and 15 per hour.

But you want to keep working at McDonalds making that 9 bucks an hour.
And you are somehow pissed the welfare department orders you to change jobs so you get more money to live on.

Why are you so gung ho on mining the static coin in the pool.
Maybe if you can explain what secret edge you feel it gives to mine it that way we would all understand better?