Change to authorization

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Change to authorization

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:50 pm

While we've made many bugfixes today, I wanted to draw attention to one particular change.

We found that there were a lot of miners who were connecting with invalid usernames. Previously, those miners would not be logged and would simply be sent work waiting for them to fix the issue. Now, those miners have their connection terminated immediately upon providing an invalid username.

I suspect that some of these customers were mining with the wrong username for long periods of time to invalid usernames, which might explain some of the odd tickets from people who say that there were lost shares when there were none. That money can't be refunded, unfortunately, because we don't know who to refund it to. This issue might also be the cause of some other issues that we couldn't explain, like miners who had no coin assignment. I've been looking for the cause of that problem for 2 years, and we finally found it.

As with most of the problems we've encountered over the past few months, they were issues present since the beginning, it's just that there are new users who are using the system a different way than we had considered before. If your miners were disconnected by this update, check to ensure that your username is correctly spelled.
hashingpro

Re: Change to authorization

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:14 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:This issue might also be the cause of some other issues that we couldn't explain, like miners who had no coin assignment. I've been looking for the cause of that problem for 2 years, and we finally found it.
Could you expand on this some?
how usernames affected not getting coin assignments?
Would miner/worker names affect anything in that same way?
caosmen

Post by caosmen » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:07 am

Hello,

since today my L3+ miner has 99% no valid shares or go to f2pool to miner. idk do you have problems with the update? last days everything when fine. 15$ per miner and now i have just 7$ today for 4 l3+ miner.

so what is wrong today ?
caosmen

Post by caosmen » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:24 am

Just to show you.

down right you see my earning .

1 day : 1 L3+
2 day : 4 L3+ just 18h
3 day : 4 L3+ whole day
4 day : right now just 2 worker are there instead of 4

As you see in f2p they come all time back to work there.

and like i wrote in the chatbox. too often he write no valide shares