Exchanges offline

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Exchanges offline

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:46 pm

Three of the seven exchanges we use are offline, causing at least half of coins to be unavailable for mining, and the other half to have significantly reduced payouts because there are fewer markets to compete for the best price. Unfortunately, we can't do anything except submit support tickets to the exchanges.

Profitability is likely to be down dramatically today, both here and across the board at all pools.
micca410evo

Re: Exchanges offline

Post by micca410evo » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 pm

Except for the bad news, good to hear. Can we have an option build in, for this kind of cases that we can wait before exchanging coins for a day or 2 or does this happen live?

If it would be better in this kind of situation i would like to hold the coins on PH, till the other exchanges are ok.
Albioni

Post by Albioni » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 am

Is it real?
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:25 am

Albioni wrote:Is it real?
Or is it Memorex?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:59 pm

hashingpro wrote:
Albioni wrote:Is it real?
Or is it Memorex?
Novaexchange is now the only one that is offline at the moment due to their API returning a "503 service temporarily unavailable" error. You can see for yourself by trying to access https://novaexchange.com/remote/faq/. I sent a support ticket yesterday, but hearing no response, I sent a skype message to the exchange owner today. No response as of yet.

And Alboni, this gif is better:

hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Oh yeah?
But, this one goes to 11.

HashAway7

Post by HashAway7 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:05 am

micca410evo wrote:Except for the bad news, good to hear. Can we have an option build in, for this kind of cases that we can wait before exchanging coins for a day or 2 or does this happen live?

If it would be better in this kind of situation i would like to hold the coins on PH, till the other exchanges are ok.
one round about way to do this is to set your miner(s) to mine a specific coin using the "c=" password argument, then set your payout in the same coin as well, so there should be no conversion / exchange issues.

otherwise, you can temporarily switch to another switching pool that does not do any conversions, but pays you in the coins mined, such as hash-to-coins.com...but then you have to go through the manual process to convert the coins to whatever else you want at other exchanges or via something like shapeshift or changelly.
ToddHandel

Post by ToddHandel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:28 am

Can you please create a notification process for people mining here so that we don't throw money away when you guys figure out what's going on with your service?? Using prohashing was a good experience until recently, and now it's an abject failure.

I have 50 Antminer D3's that I'm about to point towards a mining pool, but I'm not about to throw all that money away by pointing them here.
Last edited by ToddHandel on Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:30 am

ToddHandel wrote:Can you please create a notification process for people mining here so that we don't throw money away when you guys figure out what's going on with your service?? Using prohashing was a good experience until recently, and now it's an abject failure.
this isn't an issue with prohashings service. please read about the issue again.
ToddHandel

Post by ToddHandel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:31 am

:lol: OK, then can somebody explain to me why I am making 1/3 the amount of money I was making last week… And the returns are going down each day?

Incidentally, I'm not the only one experiencing this… I've had a lot of calls from friends that are switching to nicehash and even antpool because the returns are either half or a third of what they were last week.