Exchanges offline

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ToddHandel

Re: Exchanges offline

Post by ToddHandel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:36 am

And, to clarify… If pro hashing offers a service, and part of that service has to do with their ability to navigate other exchanges, and those exchanges go down, then yes, the issue does fall back on pro hashing. It's not my job as a minor to navigate the nuances of your business model. It's your job as a service provider to continually deliver good and consistent service. Don't try and pass the buck and blame somebody else… Go out and fix it.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:53 am

ToddHandel wrote::lol: OK, then can somebody explain to me why I am making 1/3 the amount of money I was making last week… And the returns are going down each day?.
You mean besides the 40% drop in the market bubble when China exchanges announced they were closing at the end of the month, the slew of new miners that have hit the networks(profit ratios are the same just more people to divide them across), or the recent denial attack on the Nova Exchange API?

Nope, sorry, I can't think of any.
ToddHandel

Post by ToddHandel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:31 am

"Smart mining" by its very definition wouldn't be severely affected by that after the initial drop. Mining power is still mining power. I think you might want to rethink your "Excuse strategy" and get back to the basics. Pro hashing mines the most profitable coins each moment and promises crypto currency price protection with a variety of precautionary measures. I'm not making this up. It's part of the "Sale" they profess to wouldbe clients.

By the way, more mining power, is a Net ADD to the ability for prohashing to win/discover blocks/coins. More miners contribute more, so the pie to be split is much larger. You have to do both sides of the math.

So no, the drop in crypto prices last week is imaterial this week. The CRASH didn't seem to affect returns on Nicehash. Hmmm, maybe they have figured something out.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:52 am

I got a response from Novaexchange, and their API is offline indefinitely. Linus (the owner) told me that their server is overloaded, and they had to close off their API and disable registrations to manage load. That disables about 100 of our coins, including BitConnectcoin. None of the money in the exchange is lost, but the coins that are Novaexchange and are still owed only will not be paid until I have time to manually withdrawal them from the exchange. I anticipate doing that on Saturday.

My focus right now is to add support for the Livecoin exchange, which supports Bitconnectcoin among others. Once I get that online, profitability will improve a bit. I want to get this online ASAP, so support tickets may take a bit longer than normal to receive responses while I work. I anticipate it will be done by the weekend.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:49 am

why dont you use more than one coin exchange like a failover thingy ???
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:58 am

dog1965 wrote:why dont you use more than one coin exchange like a failover thingy ???
We have 7 exchanges including Novaexchange. But of those 7 only Novaexchange supported Bitconnectcoin, and there are multiple other coins that none of the other 6 support.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:19 am

hmmmm, now what ?
Jalapan

Post by Jalapan » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:54 am

Bleutrade exchange please...get it