Restarted server

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Restarted server

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 pm

I restarted the mining server because the L3 connectivity issues returned, and it seems like restarting appears to resolve those issues temporarily. We will restart every 12 hours until the problem is determined.

Chris is going to try to get some L3s in hand to try to reproduce this issue in person. We think that the issue may not be network-related, since it seems that only L3s have the problem, and it only happens after a long time of mining.
vinylwasp

Re: Restarted server

Post by vinylwasp » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:22 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I restarted the mining server because the L3 connectivity issues returned, and it seems like restarting appears to resolve those issues temporarily. We will restart every 12 hours until the problem is determined.

Chris is going to try to get some L3s in hand to try to reproduce this issue in person. We think that the issue may not be network-related, since it seems that only L3s have the problem, and it only happens after a long time of mining.
Steve, can you describe the problem? I've been having disconnect issues too and I only have A4s.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:36 am

vinylwasp wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:I restarted the mining server because the L3 connectivity issues returned, and it seems like restarting appears to resolve those issues temporarily. We will restart every 12 hours until the problem is determined.

Steve, can you describe the problem? I've been having disconnect issues too and I only have A4s.
We don't know what the problem is. It's been occurring for about a month.

Once we return to State College today, I'm going to ask Chris to launch some miners in text-only mode and generate huge log files, and then we can write a program to see if there are any lines there that indicate a problem.

Does the issue occur for you upon startup, or only after the system has been running for a long time?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:17 am

ive been troubleshooting some peoples miners on the slack channel, and have has some success with connecting when you specify algo using a=. was there any changes to the way password args are read in the previous updates. might be something to look into
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:13 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
vinylwasp wrote:

Once we return to State College today, I'm going to ask Chris to launch some miners in text-only mode and generate huge log files, and then we can write a program to see if there are any lines there that indicate a problem.

Does the issue occur for you upon startup, or only after the system has been running for a long time?
It seems to happen some time between 24 and 48 hours after a server restart, but there's been so many restarts lately with releases etc, that it's very hard to pin it down accurately.

I also have the perception that it's generally over the Friday night/Saturday morning for me. I get up Sat morning (UTC+12) and I see really low cumulative hashrate (-40-50%), miners offline or lots of miner restarts (0 hashrate + "needs more shares") and the miner total is either really low, or often the web console is reporting really high miner numbers (I've seen it reported that I have 200+ miners a few times).

I then go to the miners I have here and run a test script to check their status and they're either all online or some will be reporting that PH is dead. I can't do any diagnostics on my hosted miners and the hosting guys take 2 days to change anything so it's not worth chasing them.

In the absence of any real understanding of your infrastructure architecture, I would start with Javapipe and the VPN tunnel and work inwards.
I'd be happy to send over some logs if that would help you.

Cheers
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:38 am

Ok, I'm seeing exactly the same behavior now. Check the chat box too, so are others.
I refreshed my browser about 5 minutes ago and as of now I'm showing 110 miners at 6.48 GH/s with most showing 0 hashrate and 'No Valid Share yet'
So that's roughly 30 hours since you posted this restart message that I've seen it happen again.

HTH?
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:40 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
vinylwasp wrote:

See my two posts above Steve.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 am

vinylwasp wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
vinylwasp wrote:

See my two posts above Steve.
Thanks for this report. Chris has been restarting the server every 12 hours, so hopefully this problem went away.

I never made a connection that this "no valid shares yet" issue could be related to the connectivity problems. I'll investigate this more tonight and will report back here in about 12 hours.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:29 pm

It's pretty bad.
So I ran 4 L3+ machines on 1 static coin and got 90% of my hash power to be recognized and paid out.
The other 4 L3+ machines I ran on auto switching. I'm not sure they ever recorded shares. just constantly "no valid shares yet"

The profits were over 4:1

As it is now I can pick a coin like bitconnect and sit on it all day and make 4 TIMES more than the auto switching which isnt giving credit for even a third of the hashrates I put on this system. It's great I can connect in almost all of the time now! And now auto switching takes soo long I never get shares recognized for hours on end...AND it doesnt cause a failover so i could ever go to a failover pool and get paid for the work Im not getting credit for.

Also, I put some miners on SOLO mining, and when the coin wasn't available it pushed me to auto-switch coin mode.
I thought if the coin you were solo mining wasnt up it listed it as DEAD so you could go to another failover option.

I hate to say it but maybe revive the code from 3 weeks and try it again, cause it looks like the last 3 or 4 fixes have put more holes in the boat than they have fixed.
Maxumark

Post by Maxumark » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:13 am

I had great connectivity with both Titans and L3+ Prior to the changes that were made to counter DDOS around July 3rd-5th. since then it has been a on and off recurring problem. Sometimes days at a time with no issue, and then sometimes no valid shares with no failover, and also sometimes miners switching to back up pool, but not coming back to Prohashing when its back up.

Currently I have to go in manually and force the miners to go back to Prohashing from the failover pool once or twice a day.
This is happening on the l3+ and some of the Titans.