Merge mining enabled

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
lare

Re: Merge mining enabled

Post by lare » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:52 am

I purchased two L1 Bitmain 120MH miners, and I'm about to order a Zeus Volcano (300MH).

I'm using a set of GAWminer Fury's, for testing pools and trying to get a feel for what to expect and the difference between expectations and reality. I'm mining now on three pools. I've had low error rates on all three pools including yours until after the addition of merge mining.

I'd be happy to help test your fix and see if it works okay for my setup here. My current equipment is nothing to write home about, but it works reliably though the hash rate is low.

Thank-you for you interest and input.

I just checked the error rate and it's 0 right this minute, so I'll check again in the morning to see if things have settled down again. I hope it holds!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:49 am

I wonder what could have changed overnight. I wonder if Cryptsy was going on and offline yesterday - I'll look into that. Cryptsy is the bane of our existence and their downtime started around the same time as the merge mining fix, so this issue might not even be related to merge mining.

The reason Cryptsy downtime affects us is that we can't pay out in any coin unless we have real time pricing. Other pools that do pay per last N shares can just keep mining and sell for bitcoins at the end of the day. We buy coins as soon as they are earned; otherwise, the price of the payout coins could rise in the meantime and bankrupt us.
lare

Post by lare » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 am

Well things are looking great this morning, so maybe that's what it is.

Thanks!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:37 am

If this happens again, please let me know. I'd like to ask Chris to call you and see if he can reproduce the problem, should it happen again.

In the meantime, I'm working on Poloniex trading so that we won't have to disconnect should Cryptsy have problems again.