New accounts to become available today

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

New accounts to become available today

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:37 am

50 new accounts will become available today around 12:30pm EDT. Opening limited numbers of accounts in batches allows us to provide good customer service and make sure that there is no system overload.

If you'd like one, feel free to register today when they become available!
tabak6

Re: New accounts to become available today

Post by tabak6 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:18 am

it was not a bad thing, first to deal with the permanent disconnection of existing users !!!!! Asics are constantly falling into the backup pool, when you reboot or change the settings !!!! Your tech. podderhka is silent for 4 days already !!! Maybe you decided to get rid of unnecessary users?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:20 am

This issue is not related to the number of users.

Unfortunately, we still can't reproduce the disconnects issue. We're still working as best we can to get to the bottom of it.
S3KshuN8

Post by S3KshuN8 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:22 am

Slightly off-topic (OK more than slightly) but here goes: Have you and Chris considered making an Android app to monitor and soft-set workers, obviously some time in the future, as there have been many fires to put out recently !? This pool lets me know my Ants are online before they begin reporting a live status when polled directly from my local network. Fantastic work!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:49 am

S3KshuN8 wrote:Slightly off-topic (OK more than slightly) but here goes: Have you and Chris considered making an Android app to monitor and soft-set workers, obviously some time in the future, as there have been many fires to put out recently !? This pool lets me know my Ants are online before they begin reporting a live status when polled directly from my local network. Fantastic work!
Yep. This is one of the issues in our bugtracker.

The issue is that I don't think that it could ever be profitable to pay someone to do it. It's a really nice feature, but would people who otherwise wouldn't use the pool join just because of it? We concluded that we could never make a profit on someone's labor to do this.
S3KshuN8

Post by S3KshuN8 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:34 am

As I wrote it, it occurred to me that the phone's browser will give the same info I get from my PC now. As a miner, what I need are network-privileged functions available from outside the network, so that I am not chained to my desk if I want to know the temperatures on my rigs.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 am

Unfortunately, we don't have access to the rig temperatures, so we wouldn't be able to provide data on that. We can only provide data derived from share submissions (like hashrate) and coins.
piet

Post by piet » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:08 am

S3KshuN8 wrote:so that I am not chained to my desk if I want to know the temperatures on my rigs.
VPN into your LAN, voila...
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Not sure how to implement it...But I have a feeling current users are going to try to fill these with 2nd 3rd etc...Accounts for themselves
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:32 pm

JKDReaper wrote:Not sure how to implement it...But I have a feeling current users are going to try to fill these with 2nd 3rd etc...Accounts for themselves
There's a limit that prevents accounts from being registered from the same IP address, so people who try to register two accounts are going to be disappointed.