Chris improved website performance

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris improved website performance

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:20 am

Today, Chris was able to detect a crucial issue with the website and he thinks that was what was causing it to crash repeatedly. There must have been some people who repeatedly pressed [F5] to refresh the page when they couldn't access the site, or who have malfunctioning software, and there were a lot of connections from the same addresses. Chris installed software to sever new connections when there are already too many connections to the website at the same time from the same IP address or user. The limit is set to a value much higher than what a normal user would use in standard browsing.

The fix appears to have resolved the issue of the website going offline and needing to be restarted. Feel free to submit tickets if the issue recurs. Thanks to those who helped Chris get to the bottom of this issue.

There are still delays in accessing the site the first time caused by Javapipe's protection other than outright crashes. As stated earlier, fixing those would cost about $1300/month, and we will be evaluating that investment tomorrow and Tuesday.
mrgoldy

Re: Chris improved website performance

Post by mrgoldy » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 am

Thank you bros!

Will this correct the constant WAMP resets? or were you aware of those?
live coin status constantly disappears and slowly comes back. or for the past week or so it's been doing that. maybe today's web fix will also fix that?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:00 am

No. The WAMP performance is a separate issue. I know the fix for that, but it's been deprioritized because we are just trying to stay ahead of the tickets.

I hope to get to that next weekend.
jinxorbit

Post by jinxorbit » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:36 am

Personally, I care less about the website, and more about connectivity to the mining server. I think you should focus on supporting more miner connections to the mining server. When the website does not reflect the actual mining activity, it is worse than having a static website. Less info is better, just show me that my miners are connected and making money and I am happy. I don't need to know mining history and all of that. Also the dynamic content is nice but not necessary. Just keep that mining server running, and profitable.
coastalminer

Post by coastalminer » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:53 am

Whatever you did, my miners connections seem much better, only one disconnect total since around 10:40p last night.. Thanks!
mycide

Post by mycide » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:04 am

I sort of agree with Jinxorbit. I mean i like the information that could be provided by your homepage, but as it is not working or showing the correct information it is more of an distraction and also obviously a cause of those piles of tickets you get everyday. Just maybe scale shit down on the webpage and only run the parts that is working until the rest can be worked over.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s