Release to occur in about 1h

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Release to occur in about 1h

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:34 am

We expect today's release to occur in about one hour.

There may be unexpected bugs at startup, especially in found blocks, since it is impossible to find difficult blocks in testing. However, we don't expect widespread disruption as has occurred with previous releases, downtime should be limited to about 1 minute, and Chris will credit shares if there is a problem.
FRISKIE

Re: Release to occur in about 1h

Post by FRISKIE » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:37 pm

The X-11 upgrade was indeed an adventure :D

Good luck guys, see you on the other side!

FRISKIE
Azzzif

Post by Azzzif » Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:51 pm

New to the pool, still feeling things out, pleasantly pleased so far, love the dashboard for earnings. Can't wait to see progress daily. Would be nice if there was a chart/breakdown of what is being mined and the conversion (Chart/pie/graph) ... but perhaps that would reveal the house take too much? i don't mind paying the house, especially if they are making extra money for me by managing and coin swapping! Keep up the good work!
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:11 pm

@Steve - any chance to resolve the WAMP server issue and still move forward with the release today?

Everyone seems excited here like kids on Christmas mate, any chance at all?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:17 pm

OK, I think I figured out what was wrong.

There were two separate issues. The first is that merge-mined coins where the sell price could not be obtained were causing null multiplication errors because that situation had never occurred in development. I fixed that, but there may be another hidden problem that comes up next.

The second is that the WAMP server, which limits connections from each IP address as a failsafe to avoid an errant bot taking up all the bandwidth, was also limiting internal network addresses, so none of the components could communicate with each other because their connections were rejected. Chris definitively confirmed that this issue is resolved.

Given that we just fixed these so late in the day, and how profitability is so high right now, we are going to wait until early in the morning to try again. That way, we will have more time to troubleshoot problems throughout the day tomorrow should any occur.
jabludud

Post by jabludud » Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:33 am

Steve and Chris tnx for amazing works and make sure everyone have donation active for Chris ! :), keep it up