Downtime this morning

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
FRISKIE

Re: Downtime this morning

Post by FRISKIE » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:36 pm

@ Steve;

A short pause in registration will not cause accounts to appreciate significantly, and any value that did accumulate would crash the moment registration re-opens.

Sorry mate, I cannot accept the logic that such concerns should outweigh the clear and obvious benefit of pausing registration as capacity nears known limits, in order to improve capacity before significant performance degradation.

The only significant value the accounts would gain is that of a stable, usable system with improved service up-time.

Successful businesses learn to take care of the customers they already have before expanding beyond their means and wrecking the experience for everyone.

I sincerely urge you to take the last statement seriously, or kindly stop pretending to appreciate the input of the community to simply argue against every sane advice and guidance the community offers up.

Best regards.
FRISKIE
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:48 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
CritterDog wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Unfortunately not. Every time we increase capacity, more miners arrive.

Once this issue is fixed, it's likely there will be another one. We hope to get ahead of this someday, and we were for about a week, but there's a limit to how fast we can develop. It's possible that we may reach a point where we have satisfied all possible load, but I don't think that will happen for years.
It seems to me it would be a good idea to close registration to new miners only until you get a handle on this.. Then you could have limited new miners join as you get system stable.. Nobody wants to be having problems for years..
All that will do is to cause accounts to gain value.

The only real solution is to raise fees until enough people leave, and then lower them as capacity increases back to this level. But we don't want to do that just yet because we can make significant improvements pretty quickly, I think.
Is it just me, or does this sound...Strange, to say the least. You would rather run customers off than any of the numerous ideas that have been suggested or even those that haven't been? As a business owner myself...The logic in the statement, "The only real solution is to raise fees until enough people leave"...Totally escapes me. There's 100 reasons I could list as to why this is, honestly, a ridiculous statement...But fact of the matter is, if I HAVE to list reasons why this is a horrible idea, this pool is doomed...Period.

Everyone here is here for either the profits or the community, or both...So I'll sum up an hour long post I could make with a simple statement. If you do what you suggest, this pool WILL fail, its that simple. Why do you think PH is one of the largest pools in the world? If you take that away, why would ANYONE stay here with the unacceptable amount of problems that have plagued every miner here for weeks if you take the profit away? I used to read these forums and the chat all the time...For the community, well, I now don't need it as the community and I communicate through other means...So I'm here for the money, plain and simple...You take that away, what POSSIBLE motivation does ANYONE have to stay? So we can hope we get 18 of a 24 hour period of mining and make LESS money than other pools with a fraction of the issues we experience here?

I love this pool, you guys created a system unique and SUCESSFUL...But as my friend Friskie said...Listen to the people who are making this pool live...Therefore putting money in your pocket. No, I don't claim to have all the right answers...Bit if a client of mine comes to me with a suggestion, I CERTAINLY would never speak down to them as if they were stupid and insignificant...And believe me when I say MANY people here feel just that way.

I don't mean to sound "harsh"...but I am trying to make a point and sound "realistic"...Please, take your own advice and provide the customer support you yourself said was the key to any business.

JKDReaper
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:02 pm

JKDReaper wrote:
Is it just me, or does this sound...Strange, to say the least. You would rather run customers off than any of the numerous ideas that have been suggested or even those that haven't been? As a business owner myself...The logic in the statement, "The only real solution is to raise fees until enough people leave"...Totally escapes me. There's 100 reasons I could list as to why this is, honestly, a ridiculous statement...But fact of the matter is, if I HAVE to list reasons why this is a horrible idea, this pool is doomed...Period.

Everyone here is here for either the profits or the community, or both...So I'll sum up an hour long post I could make with a simple statement. If you do what you suggest, this pool WILL fail, its that simple. Why do you think PH is one of the largest pools in the world? If you take that away, why would ANYONE stay here with the unacceptable amount of problems that have plagued every miner here for weeks if you take the profit away? I used to read these forums and the chat all the time...For the community, well, I now don't need it as the community and I communicate through other means...So I'm here for the money, plain and simple...You take that away, what POSSIBLE motivation does ANYONE have to stay? So we can hope we get 18 of a 24 hour period of mining and make LESS money than other pools with a fraction of the issues we experience here?

I love this pool, you guys created a system unique and SUCESSFUL...But as my friend Friskie said...Listen to the people who are making this pool live...Therefore putting money in your pocket. No, I don't claim to have all the right answers...Bit if a client of mine comes to me with a suggestion, I CERTAINLY would never speak down to them as if they were stupid and insignificant...And believe me when I say MANY people here feel just that way.

I don't mean to sound "harsh"...but I am trying to make a point and sound "realistic"...Please, take your own advice and provide the customer support you yourself said was the key to any business.

JKDReaper
Last edited by GregoryGHarding on Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frphm

Post by frphm » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:00 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:
JKDReaper wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

The only real solution is to raise fees until enough people leave, and then lower them as capacity increases back to this level. But we don't want to do that just yet because we can make significant improvements pretty quickly, I think.

JKDReaper
frphm

Post by frphm » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:10 pm

Actually I do have something to contribute other than to +1 JKDReaper's comment: I stand to have a portion of my farm left out of the pool by the possibility of shutting down PH miner registrations, but if this pool is performing the way it has been for weeks I won't continue to mine here anyway. And I certainly wont mine here if the fee is over 5%.

Prohashing has such a great community with passionate and intelligent people - I'm kind of amazed at how little you guys...care.
Nalith

Post by Nalith » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:50 pm

frphm wrote:
GregoryGHarding wrote:
JKDReaper wrote:

JKDReaper
Konov

Post by Konov » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:21 am

All you have to do is switch NH off. That's all.
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:21 am

JKDReaper wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
CritterDog wrote: It seems to me it would be a good idea to close registration to new miners only until you get a handle on this.. Then you could have limited new miners join as you get system stable.. Nobody wants to be having problems for years..

JKDReaper
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:19 am

Konov wrote:All you have to do is switch NH off. That's all.
I'm not sure what else to say except that that isn't possible due to Tor and proxy servers, that even if it were, it would take a long time, and that I think the best use of our time is spent on permanently resolving the problem.
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:30 am

Why only respond to the easiest comment and ignore the rest?

Pause registration.

Implement reasonable safeguards against NH abuse.

Show the community some respect rather than constant, often obtuse, always stubborn arguments why it's never possible?