Chris to offer Bitcoin ABC

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris to offer Bitcoin ABC

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm

With Viacoin now offering Bitcoin ABC, therefore promising that it will gain value, we will also offer the coin. I've asked Chris to download its blockchain.

On the day of the hard fork, probably August 1, Chris will make manual adjustments to credit all users who have chosen to earn payouts in Bitcoins to also receive payouts in Bitcoin ABC. For example, if the fork occurs at 7:20AM EDT (the estimated time), then people who have earned Bitcoins will also be credited Bitcoin ABC coins for that time. We're not going to play games like Poloniex and declare one of the coins the "true Bitcoin." After the fork, Chris will offer Bitcoin ABC as a separate coin for payouts, but that might not happen the first day because of the anticipated extreme volatility.

Users will have to enter a payout address in Bitcoin ABC to receive their coins. It might take Chris a day or two to perform the calculations. Replay attacks can be completely avoided by creating a new address on Bitcoin ABC, so that's what we'll request users to do. If you don't want Bitcoin ABC or the other Bitcoin, you can also donate your coins by forfeiting them.

Feel free to reply or create a support ticket if you have any questions.
CritterDog

Re: Chris to offer Bitcoin ABC

Post by CritterDog » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Do they just go to a reg bitcoin wallet?
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:55 pm

I'm in :)

But Steve - please make sure we are clear on the details of how to set things up properly
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:40 am

I still can't set a policy on whether users who have a payout proportion in BTC will be changed to earn ABC or BTC after the fork. I'll talk with Steve about what choice we will take.

I also need to modify Steve's policy on paying existing balances on both chains. If exchanges lock their BTC balances around the time of the fork, we won't be able to payout the latest earnings on both chains because at that point we can only withdrawal on one chain. Therefore we can only guarantee that we will pay balances earned July 30 or earlier on both chains. If we can get the July 31 earnings for both chains then I will pay that on both chains as well, but I can't guarantee it.