Restarted server

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Restarted server

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:53 pm

I restarted the server because it had become so backlogged that it was using too much swap space. This problem will be permanently resolved as soon as Chris can certify that the completed performance improvements are ready for release.

Unfortunately, the release of the improvements may be delayed until tomorrow because he will need to correct shares for today. We apologize for the delays. The corrections will fix the gaps in the hashrate charts and low balances before payouts are executed tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience. After this release is issued, I will be working on ways to restrict registration and mining server connections to a limited number of new customers until each round of software improvements has been made.
FRISKIE

Re: Restarted server

Post by FRISKIE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:58 pm

I will be working on ways to restrict registration and mining server connections to a limited number of new customers until each round of software improvements has been made
Great news Steve.
GAWminer27

Post by GAWminer27 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:27 pm

No Problem, thanks for all the work and thought you guys put into this every day. I hope one day, you will get it all sorted where we can all just sit and mine and enjoy it...that would be nice.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 pm

one thing i want to make clear is you said you are doing to make it so new ips wont be ale to connect this concerns me becuse most of north america uses dynamic ip leases, i would suggest an expiry on unused accounts, and maintain a list of max accounts to have, and if lower than max after expiry of account open website for registrations until max account threshold is hit again

dont know if im wording this right.. had an eventful night involving a car accident, dead moose on a highway.. and every thing involved with, now im dropping tired after showering blood off me. so yeah...
Last edited by GregoryGHarding on Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:47 pm

now im dropping tired after showing blood off me. so yeah...
hope that was moose blood and not your own!
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:53 pm

FRISKIE wrote:
now im dropping tired after showing blood off me. so yeah...
hope that was moose blood and not your own!
moose.. but im also uncertain if i need to get a needle of some kind :/
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:14 am

I looked this up regarding moose and rabies - looks like good news - http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/cdc/ ... 014-en.pdf

"These animals are almost never
found to have rabies and bites
from these animals have never
resulted in a human case of
rabies in the US. "
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 am

good news for me :D
AvPro

Post by AvPro » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 am

I would agree with GregoryGHarding - I 100% can't guarantee my IP will remain the same. But my username for sure will
sirslayerjr

Post by sirslayerjr » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:43 am

is the server linux or windows based?? or something different?