Chris resolves forums disconnect issue

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Chris resolves forums disconnect issue

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:24 am

Chris appears to have resolved the "forums disconnect" issue.

While we initially believed that the cause of the problem was a bad network card, Chris replaced the network card and there was little improvement. In the end, it turns out that there was an IP address conflict with another computer on the network. The other server had little network activity, so most of the time there was no impact. When the other server needed to transmit or receive the few packets it did, then packets destined for the forums server would be routed to and rejected by the other server.

Chris resolved the issue and the forums disconnect issue appears to have abated. This should represent progress in another area of stability. Please comment on your experiences with the forums.
sirslayerjr

Re: Chris resolves forums disconnect issue

Post by sirslayerjr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:35 am

it does seem a lot more snappier , quick when I explore around. thumbs up
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:41 am

i usually have connection issues 4 or 5 times a day, will report back with my experience tonight
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:44 am

did chris fixing the forum connection, cause the main site connectivity issues? since last night, sporadically i cannot connect to main website.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:02 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:did chris fixing the forum connection, cause the main site connectivity issues? since last night, sporadically i cannot connect to main website.
The website had run out of memory last night. He increased the system memory, but it turns out that he also had to increase the Java virtual machine memory, which he did after the website crashed today. We'll see how that goes.