May 16, 2017 Mining server status

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: May 16, 2017 Mining server status

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed May 17, 2017 12:32 am

I have applied the changes that I talked about two posts ago. All May 16 total earnings are now at least what was earned on May 15.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Wed May 17, 2017 2:49 am

Sent PM concerning mine
vhmanu

Post by vhmanu » Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 am

Chris Sokolowski wrote:I have applied the changes that I talked about two posts ago. All May 16 total earnings are now at least what was earned on May 15.
Im a bit sad. May 15 was an overall bad scrypt day and May 16 should have been higher earnings wise (gamecredit pump).
Getting the same as on may 15 is fine considering the alternative would be to get a lot less due to downtime. it's just that i did not expect it, because my miner was mining all the time without any issues.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed May 17, 2017 11:12 pm

vhmanu wrote:
Chris Sokolowski wrote:I have applied the changes that I talked about two posts ago. All May 16 total earnings are now at least what was earned on May 15.
Im a bit sad. May 15 was an overall bad scrypt day and May 16 should have been higher earnings wise (gamecredit pump).
Getting the same as on may 15 is fine considering the alternative would be to get a lot less due to downtime. it's just that i did not expect it, because my miner was mining all the time without any issues.
I'm confident that that's not the case that profitability on May 16 was higher than May 15. Event though the mining server was making its normal, optimal selections of mining coins throughout the day, the increase of all users' balances to that of May 15 still resulted in us losing about 3 days' worth of profits.

In addition, it's also worth noting that price and profitability are only loosely correlated. An increase in price first results in more hashrate being assigned to the network, which causes difficulty to increase, which results in profitability remaining more or less the same. It's only once all available hashrate is assigned to the network that price rises result in profitability increases because there isn't any additional hashrate that can be assigned to the network to increase difficulty.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Thu May 18, 2017 12:21 am

JKDReaper wrote:Sent PM concerning mine
Have you had a chance to look into this?
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu May 18, 2017 1:51 am

JKDReaper wrote:
JKDReaper wrote:Sent PM concerning mine
Have you had a chance to look into this?
Issue fixed and PM sent.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Thu May 18, 2017 1:54 am

Thanks! Just another reason I continue to mine here!