X11 earnings error

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

X11 earnings error

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:02 am

Hi everyone.

Thanks for staying with us through the X11 deployment. Tonight, we discovered a bug that affects earnings of X11 coins causing miners to be credited with much less money than they should be.

The difficulty of scrypt shares is 2^16 higher than network difficulty (e.g. a difficulty 65536 scrypt share will find a block on a difficulty 1 network). However, X11 shares do not have this multiplier (e.g. a difficulty 1 X11 share will find a block on a difficulty 1 network). The problem is that our database is paying X11 miners the same rate as scrypt shares despite this multiplier. Therefore, X11 earnings are 65536 times lower than they should be.

I am fixing the code right now, and after we release the fix, I will recalculate all X11 earnings since X11 mining was released. You can continue mining until we issue the fix; those earnings will be corrected too. The reason some people are seeing zero balances is because our website reports a to precision of 8, and therefore the incorrectly low balances round to zero.

I appreciate everyone staying with us while we fix this issue. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns. I will post an update when everything is fixed.
crazyq3

Re: X11 earnings error

Post by crazyq3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 am

it good. and when u will fix this?