Forcing activation of SegWit on Litecoin

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jstefanop

Re: Forcing activation of SegWit on Litecoin

Post by jstefanop » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:20 pm

jjunkie wrote:I think the decision has been made. The miners who are still mining here are looking more at short term profit than wanting to activate SegWit. I myself moved my hash power from this pool to another to help with SegWit. This is at a cost to me as I make less at the other pool, however its worth the cost in my eyes if we can activate. All miners here have the option to move their hash to another pool, even if only short term. The fact that they have not should give you your answer.

All I see on here is most people in favor. If the majority are in agreement, just switch over for 24 hours and see what impact your hash has.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:00 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: We also need a discussion on whether it's best to wait for the next activation period or not. If he is stealing customers' mining equipment to mine SegWit blocks, then he will have to ship some of it before the next period.
Sorry if this is a stupid question Steve, but how does LTC1BTC have access to customers purchased miners that should be shipped? I thought that would be Antpool/Bitmain? Given they're both not signalling, are they working together?
Steve Sokolowski wrote: We also need to decide whether to apply watchful waiting. I suspect that he is only willing to spend enough money to keep activation just below 75%. If so, we would lose a lot of profit for no reason if we started now. The true battle may be fought during the last hours, and perhaps we should save our efforts until then. Thoughts?
Seems like the right strategy and I for one am happy for you to orchestrate this counter attack.
Steve Sokolowski wrote: If he continues to keep 38% online, we cannot beat him, so it's not worth trying.
Is their a cartel of Chinese pools at work here? LTC1BTC only has 18% of the LTC hashrate and ANTpool is only 2%.
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm

The LTC network hash rate has jumped from 2.8 to 3.95TH in four days. PH has an aggregate of ~0.2TH

The math is pretty simple here - Bitmain just has to just release an additional 400 L3+s to offset the PH total hash rate.

It appears to me that our window of opportunity opens when they have shipped the B1 L3+s to customer and BEFORE B2 ships in mid-May (provided they don't pull the same stunt with B2 machines and put those online). I suspect that they won't take B1 machines offline and ship until the B2 machines arrive, then they will delay B2 machines until B3 arrives, rinse and repeat. They can drag this out well into August.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 pm

excelerator wrote:The LTC network hash rate has jumped from 2.8 to 3.95TH in four days. PH has an aggregate of ~0.2TH

The math is pretty simple here - Bitmain just has to just release an additional 400 L3+s to offset the PH total hash rate.

It appears to me that our window of opportunity opens when they have shipped the B1 L3+s to customer and BEFORE B2 ships in mid-May (provided they don't pull the same stunt with B2 machines and put those online). I suspect that they won't take B1 machines offline and ship until the B2 machines arrive, then they will delay B2 machines until B3 arrives, rinse and repeat. They can drag this out well into August.
So this is where I'm a bit confused. Here's the Litecoin network distribution summary for the last 16hrs from Litecoinpool.org.
The total of 3.95TH is correct but according to this data, Antpool is tiny. Am I missing something, is this data erroneous or do Bitmain ramp up an extra 1400 GH/s when they need to block activation?

F2Pool ~ 1,601 GH/s
LTC1BTC ~ 785 GH/s
LTC.top ~ 424 GH/s
HappyChina ~ 251 GH/s
LitecoinPool.org ~ 243 GH/s
BW.com ~ 212 GH/s
Give Me Coins ~ 126 GH/s
Batpool ~ 102 GH/s
Le6oriAMKX... ~ 55 GH/s
Antpool ~ 55 GH/s
Show all pools...
Total ~ 3,924 GH/s
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 pm

vinylwasp wrote:
excelerator wrote:The LTC network hash rate has jumped from 2.8 to 3.95TH in four days. PH has an aggregate of ~0.2TH

So this is where I'm a bit confused. Here's the Litecoin network distribution summary for the last 16hrs from Litecoinpool.org.
The total of 3.95TH is correct but according to this data, Antpool is tiny. Am I missing something, is this data erroneous or do Bitmain ramp up an extra 1400 GH/s when they need to block activation?

F2Pool ~ 1,601 GH/s
LTC1BTC ~ 785 GH/s
LTC.top ~ 424 GH/s
HappyChina ~ 251 GH/s
LitecoinPool.org ~ 243 GH/s
BW.com ~ 212 GH/s
Give Me Coins ~ 126 GH/s
Batpool ~ 102 GH/s
Le6oriAMKX... ~ 55 GH/s
Antpool ~ 55 GH/s
Show all pools...
Total ~ 3,924 GH/s
From other sources LTC1BTC and maybe LTC.top are also running these new L3+s. We could confirm that if we had historical data on those two pools.

Also, LTC1BTC is now showing 1.376TH rate - that's 591GH since you posted so the data that was provided to you must be lagging (or LTC1BTC is overreporting their hash rate).
http://ltc1btc.com/

And, just to add fuel to the fire, the increase in L3+s coming on line continues unabated.
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/litecoin/difficulty

If it wasn't for the recent huge bump in LTC price, the A2s would now be out of the game due to the next difficulty jump , the relentless ratchet of the screw.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 pm

excelerator wrote:
And, just to add fuel to the fire, the increase in L3+s coming on line continues unabated.

If it wasn't for the recent huge bump in LTC price, the A2s would now be out of the game due to the next difficulty jump , the relentless ratchet of the screw.
It seems to be BitconnectCoin which provides most of the profits on ProHashing, but I take your point. With GameCredits almost doubling in two weeks it's helping too and it will boom once the Game Store goes live at the end of this month, plus there's big news coming from Syscoin too so we may see it jump as well.

It's not bad yet, wait until these guys start shipping: https://youtu.be/OYuv93BHqu0
They need to build 5000 @ 1GHs to make it profitable, and they're looking for euro$6.7 per MH/s.

I told them they were dreaming ;-)

https://www.ehsminer.com/product/asic-s ... -1024-mhs/
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 pm

vinylwasp wrote:
excelerator wrote:

It seems to be BitconnectCoin which provides most of the profits on ProHashing, but I take your point. With GameCredits almost doubling in two weeks it's helping too and it will boom once the Game Store goes live at the end of this month, plus there's big news coming from Syscoin too so we may see it jump as well.

It's not bad yet, wait until these guys start shipping: https://youtu.be/OYuv93BHqu0
They need to build 5000 @ 1GHs to make it profitable, and they're looking for euro$6.7 per MH/s.

I told them they were dreaming ;-)

https://www.ehsminer.com/product/asic-s ... -1024-mhs/
EHS = Ethical Hacking Service. First clue there's a problem with this company.

I first received information about the EHS Miner on 7/21/14. They were talking about 1GH machines then with 3GH upgrades coming. I won't bore you with the ongoing drivel.

They went completely silent from my inbox after 11/16/15. They popped up again January 4th and again March 14th of 2017. They now have a nearly 3 year history of non-delivery - no reason to believe they'll change anytime soon.

You really should take the time to read the site - there's great material there.

For example

"Our state-of-the-art design methodologies and advanced architectures enable us to deliver a Dogecoin & Litecoin [Scrypt & Scrypt-N Algorithms] mining solutions with the highest performance."

Purchase Orders - Free of Charge!!
https://www.ehsminer.com/purchase-order-free-charge/
Last edited by excelerator on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Litecoin Difficulty: 102,267
Estimated Next Difficulty: 133,557 (+30.60%)
Adjust time: After 477 Blocks, About 15.1 hours
vinylwasp

Post by vinylwasp » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:36 pm

Antpool.Com
BTC : 633.14 PH/s
LTC : 113.30 GH/s = Peanuts?
ETH : 0.00 H/s
ZEC : 1.07 MSol/s
jstefanop

Post by jstefanop » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:25 am

If you guys are serious about this it must be done in the next 24 hours. Segwit signal is currently at 71%. You guys are already starting to feel your profits drop due to this, so time for action is now.

If we can coordinate, and you guys push all your hashpower to LTC I will push an additional 100GH while rent prices are low, a combined 300GH would push segwit to over 80%, and if we can sustain for a few days is all that would be needed to activate.