Upcoming x11 release information

News updates about the Prohashing pool
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3980
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:04 am

rootdude wrote:Been looking forward to this for a long time Steve! I've been quietly following ProHashing's rise and now I have some good X11 hashrate to use as well as some scrypt. I'll be hanging out again.

Looking forward to being back after all this time.

Regards,
rootdude
Welcome back! Long time no see.

What made you switch from scrypt to x11? Was there a better return on investment when litecoins were worth $4? During the $100 DASH days, I'm sure that x11 mining was ridiculously profitable.
avgswsiss
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by avgswsiss » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Access url for x11 mining- and at what port shall i redirect my miners?
Thanks
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3980
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:52 pm

avgswsiss wrote:Access url for x11 mining- and at what port shall i redirect my miners?
Thanks
The same address and port.

You'll use a new password argument, "a=." You can use either "a=scrypt," or "a=x11," depending on the algorithm of the miner.
avgswsiss
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by avgswsiss » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Thanks Chris. While scrypt miners are being counted, my x11 miner (150 MH/s) for testing, isn't being considered yet. It hangs on "calculating hashrate", but nothing more happens. Maybe it isn't ready yet?!
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3980
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:48 am

avgswsiss wrote:Thanks Chris. While scrypt miners are being counted, my x11 miner (150 MH/s) for testing, isn't being considered yet. It hangs on "calculating hashrate", but nothing more happens. Maybe it isn't ready yet?!
It hasn't been released yet.

We plan to release it later today, so stay tuned.
avgswsiss
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:32 pm

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by avgswsiss » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:28 am

That's great. Please be kind to update this post, if possible, once x11 is ready...
crazyq3
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by crazyq3 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 pm

I can stand my baikal on x11? or need only scrypt miners?
User avatar
rootdude
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:14 pm

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by rootdude » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
rootdude wrote:Been looking forward to this for a long time Steve! I've been quietly following ProHashing's rise and now I have some good X11 hashrate to use as well as some scrypt. I'll be hanging out again.

Looking forward to being back after all this time.

Regards,
rootdude
Welcome back! Long time no see.

What made you switch from scrypt to x11? Was there a better return on investment when litecoins were worth $4? During the $100 DASH days, I'm sure that x11 mining was ridiculously profitable.
Thanks for the welcome back Steve... yeah, well it was all about power efficiency at the time. I can run 3GH of X11 at 800W and 1.2GH of Scrypt at 4500W... and at the time I sold scrypt rigs and bought X11 rigs, it was a no brainer, and still is a no brainer as well, though I have invested a small amount back into scrypt rigs.

Now that you guys are signaling SegWit, I'll point my rigs here and see if we can push this through. I think it will help not only Litecoin but all cryptos if we can see a community come together to make a consensus change.
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 3980
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 pm

rootdude wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
rootdude wrote:Been looking forward to this for a long time Steve! I've been quietly following ProHashing's rise and now I have some good X11 hashrate to use as well as some scrypt. I'll be hanging out again.

Looking forward to being back after all this time.

Regards,
rootdude
Welcome back! Long time no see.

What made you switch from scrypt to x11? Was there a better return on investment when litecoins were worth $4? During the $100 DASH days, I'm sure that x11 mining was ridiculously profitable.
Thanks for the welcome back Steve... yeah, well it was all about power efficiency at the time. I can run 3GH of X11 at 800W and 1.2GH of Scrypt at 4500W... and at the time I sold scrypt rigs and bought X11 rigs, it was a no brainer, and still is a no brainer as well, though I have invested a small amount back into scrypt rigs.

Now that you guys are signaling SegWit, I'll point my rigs here and see if we can push this through. I think it will help not only Litecoin but all cryptos if we can see a community come together to make a consensus change.
Unfortunately, it looks like it will be pretty close.

Once we work out the remaining issues with the release, then we'll turn our attention to the SegWit issue. We are already publishing SegWit blocks, but the question that I posed in another thread is whether we should try to push it through or not.
Post Reply