Upcoming x11 release information

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
galixxx

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by galixxx » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
galixxx wrote:I still can not enter a BTC address in the settings page on beta.prohashing.com. I get the error message "An unexpected exception occurred. The issue has been logged."
Thanks for the report. I'm not sure why we can't reproduce this with our account, but now we have a reproducible case. I'll make sure this gets fixed before the release.
Thank you, pls let me know if you need some more information. Just tried to add another currency with no luck.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:58 am

galixxx wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
galixxx wrote:I still can not enter a BTC address in the settings page on beta.prohashing.com. I get the error message "An unexpected exception occurred. The issue has been logged."
Thanks for the report. I'm not sure why we can't reproduce this with our account, but now we have a reproducible case. I'll make sure this gets fixed before the release.
Thank you, pls let me know if you need some more information. Just tried to add another currency with no luck.
We figured this one out. This is caused because the sequence number on the beta.prohashing.com database started out with 1, so it is trying to insert id values into a table that already exist.

In the normal database, the sequence numbers are very high, so they will never duplicate existing values. I'll instruct Chris to modify that sequence number to set it to at least as high as in the normal database, for now.
pindabaas

Post by pindabaas » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:30 am

Do we have to point our miners to another pool on the 16th of April or could we just leave them with the same settings?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:33 am

pindabaas wrote:Do we have to point our miners to another pool on the 16th of April or could we just leave them with the same settings?
If you are mining scrypt, you don't have to do anything at all.

If you want to mine x11, then you point them to the same pool, but use "a=x11" as a password argument.
mickeekung

Post by mickeekung » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:40 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
pindabaas wrote:Do we have to point our miners to another pool on the 16th of April or could we just leave them with the same settings?

If you want to mine x11, then you point them to the same pool, but use "a=x11" as a password argument.
If I want to mine x11 and set diff to 5. I need to set the RIG password as''a=x11 d=5'' Is that right?
Wanna see some exciting and interesting cloud mining contract which is different to Hashflare or Genesis Mining? Here is the site I trust.

https://www.eobot.com/new.aspx?referid=8945

https://www.cryptomining.farm/signup/?referrer=59E0E92B882D
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:54 am

mickeekung wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

If I want to mine x11 and set diff to 5. I need to set the RIG password as''a=x11 d=5'' Is that right?
Yes, but the maximum x11 difficulty is 16.

Like with scrypt, difficulties are powers of 2. However, in scrypt they range from 0 to 20, whereas in x11 they range from -16 to 4. Thus, a difficulty of 2^-2 (0.25) is allowed, but an x11 difficulty of 262144, which would be valid for scrypt, doesn't make any sense.
rootdude

Post by rootdude » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Been looking forward to this for a long time Steve! I've been quietly following ProHashing's rise and now I have some good X11 hashrate to use as well as some scrypt. I'll be hanging out again.

Looking forward to being back after all this time.

Regards,
rootdude
mickeekung

Post by mickeekung » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:40 am

Which one is more worthy in mining between Scrypt and X11 if I rent at the equal hashrate and the same price? Anyone know?
Wanna see some exciting and interesting cloud mining contract which is different to Hashflare or Genesis Mining? Here is the site I trust.

https://www.eobot.com/new.aspx?referid=8945

https://www.cryptomining.farm/signup/?referrer=59E0E92B882D
excelerator

Post by excelerator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:31 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Same issue for ETH - same error code and inability to save address.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:38 am

The inability to save addresses should be fixed. That said, the beta site will be shutdown this weekend and and configuration changes made to that site's will be lost. The configuration of the main site, including payout proportions, will be what will be kept after the X11 release, so if you want to set payout proportions for after X11 is released, you should do it on the main site.