Upcoming x11 release information

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Upcoming x11 release information

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:04 am

rootdude wrote:Been looking forward to this for a long time Steve! I've been quietly following ProHashing's rise and now I have some good X11 hashrate to use as well as some scrypt. I'll be hanging out again.

Looking forward to being back after all this time.

Regards,
rootdude
Welcome back! Long time no see.

What made you switch from scrypt to x11? Was there a better return on investment when litecoins were worth $4? During the $100 DASH days, I'm sure that x11 mining was ridiculously profitable.
avgswsiss

Post by avgswsiss » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:56 pm

Access url for x11 mining- and at what port shall i redirect my miners?
Thanks
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:52 pm

avgswsiss wrote:Access url for x11 mining- and at what port shall i redirect my miners?
Thanks
The same address and port.

You'll use a new password argument, "a=." You can use either "a=scrypt," or "a=x11," depending on the algorithm of the miner.
avgswsiss

Post by avgswsiss » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:24 pm

Thanks Chris. While scrypt miners are being counted, my x11 miner (150 MH/s) for testing, isn't being considered yet. It hangs on "calculating hashrate", but nothing more happens. Maybe it isn't ready yet?!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:48 am

avgswsiss wrote:Thanks Chris. While scrypt miners are being counted, my x11 miner (150 MH/s) for testing, isn't being considered yet. It hangs on "calculating hashrate", but nothing more happens. Maybe it isn't ready yet?!
It hasn't been released yet.

We plan to release it later today, so stay tuned.
avgswsiss

Post by avgswsiss » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:28 am

That's great. Please be kind to update this post, if possible, once x11 is ready...
crazyq3

Post by crazyq3 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 pm

I can stand my baikal on x11? or need only scrypt miners?
rootdude

Post by rootdude » Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:51 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
rootdude wrote:Been looking forward to this for a long time Steve! I've been quietly following ProHashing's rise and now I have some good X11 hashrate to use as well as some scrypt. I'll be hanging out again.

Regards,
rootdude

What made you switch from scrypt to x11? Was there a better return on investment when litecoins were worth $4? During the $100 DASH days, I'm sure that x11 mining was ridiculously profitable.
Thanks for the welcome back Steve... yeah, well it was all about power efficiency at the time. I can run 3GH of X11 at 800W and 1.2GH of Scrypt at 4500W... and at the time I sold scrypt rigs and bought X11 rigs, it was a no brainer, and still is a no brainer as well, though I have invested a small amount back into scrypt rigs.

Now that you guys are signaling SegWit, I'll point my rigs here and see if we can push this through. I think it will help not only Litecoin but all cryptos if we can see a community come together to make a consensus change.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:41 pm

rootdude wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Regards,
rootdude

Thanks for the welcome back Steve... yeah, well it was all about power efficiency at the time. I can run 3GH of X11 at 800W and 1.2GH of Scrypt at 4500W... and at the time I sold scrypt rigs and bought X11 rigs, it was a no brainer, and still is a no brainer as well, though I have invested a small amount back into scrypt rigs.

Now that you guys are signaling SegWit, I'll point my rigs here and see if we can push this through. I think it will help not only Litecoin but all cryptos if we can see a community come together to make a consensus change.
Unfortunately, it looks like it will be pretty close.

Once we work out the remaining issues with the release, then we'll turn our attention to the SegWit issue. We are already publishing SegWit blocks, but the question that I posed in another thread is whether we should try to push it through or not.