Bitcoin payout threshold to be raised, again

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Bitcoin payout threshold to be raised, again

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Yesterday, our payouts cost over $3.00 in transaction fees, up from $2 just one week ago. As a result, we need to adjust our payout thresholds to reduce fees.

The bitcoin minimum payout threshold will rise to $20, from its previous value of $12. You can still set it lower if you're willing to pay these fees. The maximum hold amount will rise from $50 to $100, so you can be paid every $100 in mining if you are holding bitcoins.

All other coins will retain their current thresholds of $1, so if you just want to get paid, I recommend using ETH or LTC, which are supported by all exchanges and have actually proven to be a better store of value recently than bitcoin has. We may be able to reduce the bitcoin payout thresholds once we change our reserve currency to ETH; I'll be writing a blog post about this change, scheduled for March 10-11, shortly.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Bitcoin payout threshold to be raised, again

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:59 pm

I changed a few other payout thresholds as well. Dash transaction fees have dropped, so the Dash payout threshold has been lowered from $20 to $5. 42 coin transaction fees have increased, so the 42 coin payout threshold has been increased to $30. Monero coin transaction fees have increased as well, so the Monero coin payout threshold has been increased from $20 to $50. You are free to set custom payout thresholds if you want to override these settings.