Chris investigating issues

News updates about the Prohashing pool
Forum rules
The News forum is only for updates about the Prohashing pool.

Replies to posts in this forum should be related to the news being announced. If you need support on another issue, please post in the forum related to that topic or seek one of the official support options listed in the top right corner of the forums page or on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
skinner

Re: Chris investigating issues

Post by skinner » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:53 am

micca410evo wrote:
skinner wrote:Some have gone again, if there are problems then a complete switch off is much better that intermittent on and off. My miners are in a commercial unit 25 minuets drive away and its 23:36 here. Would rather not have to go there and change the default pool again...

Just a thought, would it be possible to add a feature where the connection to prohashing could be rejected (dead) from the user interface on the website? A check box to add a number or letter (or both) to the username to make it invalid?
isn't a remote control server an option :roll:
Yes, i am waiting for a few parts to arrive then i will leave a PC there running awesome miner and remote into it, I will have that sorted by the end of the week. I still think what i suggested before would make a lot more people happier with leaving pro hash as their main pool at the moment, i am aware of the coming upgrades but i still think the feature would be valuable to most people.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:51 am

skinner wrote:
micca410evo wrote:
skinner wrote:Some have gone again, if there are problems then a complete switch off is much better that intermittent on and off. My miners are in a commercial unit 25 minuets drive away and its 23:36 here. Would rather not have to go there and change the default pool again...

Just a thought, would it be possible to add a feature where the connection to prohashing could be rejected (dead) from the user interface on the website? A check box to add a number or letter (or both) to the username to make it invalid?
Yes, i am waiting for a few parts to arrive then i will leave a PC there running awesome miner and remote into it, I will have that sorted by the end of the week. I still think what i suggested before would make a lot more people happier with leaving pro hash as their main pool at the moment, i am aware of the coming upgrades but i still think the feature would be valuable to most people.
Why?

If you are mining and prohashing goes offline, then your system will go to your backup.

If you are mining and prohashing has issues, but doesn't go offline, so you continue to mine at prohashing while its having issues, you make less, then they do a share correction, and you get 15% on top.

The only reason for a feature like you request would be for the 2nd option, of which case, why? Why would you want to make sure your miner does not mine on prohashing and ultimately make 15% more then you should have?

I don't understand why people always complain about this stuff.

Either you get kicked off to your backup server, or you make 15% more then you should have, when prohashing is having issues. I don't see any issue with this, and i can definitely say i do not mind making 15% more.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:50 am

Aura89-- because there are times, when the server just slows down and as a result the miners are NOT kicked off but rather held hostage, mining on a server getting half the hashrate because no one is finding valid shares with all the slowness/lag, and because nothing was found to be distributed there is no compensations the follow day. We had 2-3 days in a row like that a few weeks ago.

I think what OP is requesting is a feature like NiceHash has with the monitor my miners and send an email if it gets below a threshold.
Only instead of just Emailing the user, also add in a disconnect to kick it off the system.

The problem I see is, the miner has no clue why it got kicked, and hey WOW prohashing is up, and it has room for more miners...I think Ill reconnect and mine there...oh wait I got booted again....oh wait...prohashing is up and I can connect and mine there again..oh wait I got disconnected.
IF the pool could kick you....you would still have PH as pool1, and hey, its open so connect there and mine...and then get kicked over and over.
I am not sure this would do anything...you would like to be kicked off pool1(for some period of time im guessing) and mine on pool2 ignoring the pool1 is up and ready to mine on and the reason its pool1 is it pays better than pool2.

If you have Awesome miner setup on the remote machine, cant that program do all this, including swap the pools based on payouts, hashrates, coin vallues, or some other trigger system that will just sub pool1 for pool2 if event 1 2 or 3 happens? I think you need more control at the miner level, not at the server pool side level.
skinner

Post by skinner » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Aura89 wrote:
skinner wrote:
micca410evo wrote:
Why?

If you are mining and prohashing goes offline, then your system will go to your backup.

If you are mining and prohashing has issues, but doesn't go offline, so you continue to mine at prohashing while its having issues, you make less, then they do a share correction, and you get 15% on top.

The only reason for a feature like you request would be for the 2nd option, of which case, why? Why would you want to make sure your miner does not mine on prohashing and ultimately make 15% more then you should have?

I don't understand why people always complain about this stuff.

Either you get kicked off to your backup server, or you make 15% more then you should have, when prohashing is having issues. I don't see any issue with this, and i can definitely say i do not mind making 15% more.
You seem to misinterpret making suggestions to what some may see as an improvement and having more options as complaining.

And you are clearly unaware of previous days (about a week ago) when PH kept the miners connected but submitted no shares and did not let them default to the backup pools, i am down approximately $300 from that day and we have already been told that we will not be getting reimbursed for the issue.

Is there anything else you would like me to clarify?
skinner

Post by skinner » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:18 pm

AppleMiner wrote:
If you have Awesome miner setup on the remote machine, cant that program do all this, including swap the pools based on payouts, hashrates, coin vallues, or some other trigger system that will just sub pool1 for pool2 if event 1 2 or 3 happens? I think you need more control at the miner level, not at the server pool side level.

Yes awesome miner can do most of those things but not with pro hash as it cannot receive data from PH. I'll have the PC up and running by the end of the week so i can make pool changes manually if there is an issue with the miners not failing over properly, ssd arriving tomorrow then just gotta put it all together.

I still think having this option would be useful (assuming it isn't overly time consuming to implement) for those that do not have awesome miner and don't want to go through each ASIC and change the defaults and do a restart (you still have to restart the ASIC with awesome miner). Cutting the connection to the pool form the server end would allow the miner change pool instantly.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:01 pm

But how do you KEEP the connection cut is the question.

If this feature were put in...when what? If my L3+ that hashs at 500 reports less than 300, Do what exactly?
BAN your IP so you can never mine here again?
Kick you from the pool?? OK, so your miner instantly hits pool2....and then 5 seconds later it sends out a work request...Oh hey, pool1 is open and I can connect to it...Ill switch back to pool 1. And then it takes a few mins you get a calculated hashrate, its lower than 300 and it boots you off again...over and over and over. All you will do is spend time hoping from pool1 to pool2 and back. How is that helpful?

Unless you can alter the order your miner is looking to connect to the pools from the miners side, I am not seeing how this suggestion will help.
The email monitor side would be a nice addition so you are at least notified and can take actions you want for your setup, but having the pool, autokick based on hashrate over a period of time(last 10 mins of work once > 10 mins of connection time) but leaving your miner as having the pool as still the top choice just means its going to connect in and again and repeat the same actions right?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:48 pm

The real solution here is simply to fix the capacity issues that necessitate the disconnects in the first place. I was successful in accomplishing another step today. I don't think it's a good idea to spend a lot of time on temporary fixes like disconnecting miners in cleaner ways, since that doesn't move us forward.

By the way, all share corrections were issued and yesterday's problems should now be fixed.
Maciej

Post by Maciej » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:52 am

Hi Chris,

I haven't received my share correction and I had a huge drop in profits on the 20th and some drop on the 21st as well. Can you please check?

Thanks
Maciej
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:38 am

skinner wrote:
You seem to misinterpret making suggestions to what some may see as an improvement and having more options as complaining.

And you are clearly unaware of previous days (about a week ago) when PH kept the miners connected but submitted no shares and did not let them default to the backup pools, i am down approximately $300 from that day and we have already been told that we will not be getting reimbursed for the issue.

Is there anything else you would like me to clarify?
I'm going to continue to call BS on this one. That, or i'm just the luckiest person in the world. Every single day in the past month i can view my pyaments from my main (here) and my backup (litecoinpool) and on the problem days, yes, i made less, but not because prohashing gave me less, but because when prohashing was down, i got kicked to litecoinpool and i make less there. Nothing out of the ordinary. And every single time it's been a problem with prohashing not going down but giving low revenue, i've gained 15% from what i would have created.

No matter what, every single day in the last month, i have made more from mining here as my main and litecoinpool as my backup, then if i had litecoinpool as my main. I have never made less, unless it was compensated for.

So either i'm just the luckiest guy in the entire world and the only one in this forum that is lucky, or the complaints are BS and you don't actually do any comparison or add up what you made from your backup, and instead of doing your own homework, say its someone elses fault.

This isn't a "paid for service".
AppleMiner wrote:Aura89-- because there are times, when the server just slows down and as a result the miners are NOT kicked off but rather held hostage, mining on a server getting half the hashrate because no one is finding valid shares with all the slowness/lag, and because nothing was found to be distributed there is no compensations the follow day. We had 2-3 days in a row like that a few weeks ago.
I don't see this in my history, so again, i must be the luckiest guy in the world and everyone else is having issues but myself. Yay me.

I'm not saying there aren't days in my history that were not that great.

Take 11/14 as an example (or 11/13? payment on 11/14)

0.20752767 from prohasing. Not so good of a day for an L3+, but:
0.05477523 from litecoinpool.
Total: 0.2623029, or for that day: $16.52

Again, not a great day value wise, but litecoinpool pays less (in general) for mining. As much as 25% less.

If i had been mining at litecoinpool that whole day only, i'd have made around 0.21 LTC, or $13

11/14 (payment day) is the lowest day that i have that was not compensated for later + 15%. It's all in my wallet history plain as day to see. I literally, since 9/26/17, do not have another day with a lower payment from prohashing then .20, and every day that is lower then expected, either has my backup making up the difference (minus the fact they pay less) or a compensation from prohashing.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:00 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:The real solution here is simply to fix the capacity issues that necessitate the disconnects in the first place. I was successful in accomplishing another step today. I don't think it's a good idea to spend a lot of time on temporary fixes like disconnecting miners in cleaner ways, since that doesn't move us forward.

By the way, all share corrections were issued and yesterday's problems should now be fixed.
Would there be a way to implement something that clearly shows a correction and its value? I only ask because like 2 posts above this one, there are people who i don't think are aware they actually got a correction (i think the two posts above mine are not looking at what has not been paid out, as i was paid out about 12 hours ago and i have $15 waiting to be paid out again, $17 total that has not been paid out($2 is not eligible yet), within 12 hours. That's not normal, that looks like the share correction was given within the last 12 hours and it has not been paid out yet)

Maybe a corrections tab? That shows the date and how much you were paid along with what date it is compensating?