How to make PH absolutely Sexy!

Come here to chat about mining topics not covered under Mining Pools, Mining Rigs, or Mining Algorithms.
Forum rules
The General Mining Topics forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining that don't fall into the categories of our other Mining Forums.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ToeKnee

How to make PH absolutely Sexy!

Post by ToeKnee » Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:19 am

I'm in fantasy land here. But here's what I imagine what would be awesome.

Suppose the PH takes over Swarm and updates it and re-codes it.
https://github.com/MaynardMiner/SWARM

Both GPU and CPU mining software will switch on the fly, thereby automating the process of algo switching on the miner's side. PH would integrate their most profitable coin service, and pass on this information to all miners running the updated and re-coded Swarm software. What miners run on their side would be dictated by what PH determines to be the most profitable coin on their side. Think of it... Proswitching on Prohashing's side would translate into miner algo switching on the miner's side.

I already figured out how to integrate the existing Swarm program into HiveOS, and it works. With Swarm, you have the ability to configure various pools that use various algos to mine various coins using either GPU and CPU ... or ... just GPU ... or just CPU. Now if PH took this ability and directed it to their pool alone, that would be dope.

Of course, PH would have to expand the number of minable coins on the GPU side and CPU side of things. This is why this idea of mine is a fantasy. It would be a huge undertaking. But I think it's worth at least having a discussion in the breakroom over McDonalds or Burger King, or whatever staff likes to eat.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: How to make PH absolutely Sexy!

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:24 am

ToeKnee wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:19 am I'm in fantasy land here. But here's what I imagine what would be awesome.

Suppose the PH takes over Swarm and updates it and re-codes it.
https://github.com/MaynardMiner/SWARM

Both GPU and CPU mining software will switch on the fly, thereby automating the process of algo switching on the miner's side. PH would integrate their most profitable coin service, and pass on this information to all miners running the updated and re-coded Swarm software. What miners run on their side would be dictated by what PH determines to be the most profitable coin on their side. Think of it... Proswitching on Prohashing's side would translate into miner algo switching on the miner's side.

I already figured out how to integrate the existing Swarm program into HiveOS, and it works. With Swarm, you have the ability to configure various pools that use various algos to mine various coins using either GPU and CPU ... or ... just GPU ... or just CPU. Now if PH took this ability and directed it to their pool alone, that would be dope.

Of course, PH would have to expand the number of minable coins on the GPU side and CPU side of things. This is why this idea of mine is a fantasy. It would be a huge undertaking. But I think it's worth at least having a discussion in the breakroom over McDonalds or Burger King, or whatever staff likes to eat.
From what I can see, we wouldn't have to take over SWARM, only add a lot of coins and algorithms so that SWAM can use them. Am I right about that?

Then, you and others can configure SWARM to use Prohashing for this switching.

Currently, mining software can assign jobs for different coins, but the stratum protocol doesn't have a command to instruct a worker to switch algorithms, so any software that would instruct workers to go to a different coin needs to be separate from the mining servers. We could still theoretically take over development of that software if there was a way to make money off it.
ToeKnee

Re: How to make PH absolutely Sexy!

Post by ToeKnee » Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:54 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:24 am From what I can see, we wouldn't have to take over SWARM, only add a lot of coins and algorithms so that SWAM can use them. Am I right about that?
When I ran SWARM for a little while, I wasn't sure if it was auto-downloading the latest version of the various mining softwares. Also, I did see mining errors in the interface, so I don't know how up-to-date downloaded miners are out of the box. What I think happens is that it loads all possible coins (that are not configured as excluded) on starup, and does a benchmark test across all the pools using all mining software and all algos and coins. It then keeps a local database of values based on the machine that it runs on. I'm guess the software communicates to some website to pull profitability on a per-pool/per-coin offered basis, and based on that feedback, the software loads up the appropriate mining software and algo for a specific coin as determined by local machine benchmarking. As multiple pools can be configured, it might be a good thing or a bad thing if PH were added to the list of pools. If the goal is to use PH exclusively (as a trade for PH's investment into editing the software), then having other pools as options might be counter productive?
Then, you and others can configure SWARM to use Prohashing for this switching.
Swarm asks for a coin address, not necessarily for a PH username as the coin address. Also, the software would need to communicate to PH's method of figuring out what the most profitable coins is. Not sure how or from where profitability data is being queried or pulled into the local database.
Currently, mining software can assign jobs for different coins, but the stratum protocol doesn't have a command to instruct a worker to switch algorithms, so any software that would instruct workers to go to a different coin needs to be separate from the mining servers. We could still theoretically take over development of that software if there was a way to make money off it.
Yeah, that's the rub. In theory, the more users that install this software the more user who would be using PH's services. And coin profitability would be pulled from PH's information on which coin is most profitable for a given machine's hardware, in theory. But like I said, this is like a pipe dream. I know that Awesome Miner (https://support.awesomeminer.com/suppor ... troduction) does such a thing, but I have not messed with their software at all. There's also talk of NPlusMiner and Rainbow-Miner, both of which I have not messed with.

The long of the short of it is to have a piece of software that:
1.) Downloads various up-to-date miner programs for the client;
2.) Benchmarks the client's local hardware;
2a.) Error prone algos due to hardware incompatibility is auto-removed from the list of potential implementations;
3.) Gets information from PH's profitability tracking;
4.) Auto-changes mining software on the client's side to take advantage of whatever coin is hot;
4a.) This means auto-changing ports, mining programs, etc.
5.) Use PH's payout structure to auto-translate all those coins into payout methods defined at PH.