ethash difficulty stuck at 1.07

A forum to discuss mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work the best with specific rigs, etc.
Forum rules
The Mining Algorithms forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work best with specific rigs, etc.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
UbjfP2ZOJa

ethash difficulty stuck at 1.07

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Tue May 10, 2022 8:20 pm

I'm stuck. Same symptom using both t-rex and gminer: difficulty never changes from 1.07. Started a couple days ago.

t-rex.exe -a ethash -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3339 -u myusername -p n=myrig,o=mygroup,l=6.8,e=off --coin eth --dag-build-mode 2 --send-stales --lhr-autotune-mode full --pl 54 --cclock -500 --mclock 1315

RTX 3070, Nvidia version 512.15; gminer 2.80, t-rex 25.12 and 25.15; Windows 11

I don't use any other pools, but gminer and t-rex 25.12 both worked before the changes in the last few days. Any ideas?
UbjfP2ZOJa

Re: ethash difficulty stuck at 1.07

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Tue May 10, 2022 10:37 pm

Paula answered this in Discord:

"Ethash is now hardcoded at 0.25 difficulty due to technical limitations for the foreseeable future"
Steve Sokolowski

Re: ethash difficulty stuck at 1.07

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed May 11, 2022 8:07 am

UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 10:37 pm Paula answered this in Discord:

"Ethash is now hardcoded at 0.25 difficulty due to technical limitations for the foreseeable future"
Our implementation of ethash mining turned out to be incorrect. It isn't possible with currently implemented workers to have different difficulties assigned to any miner at the same pool.

Since yesterday, we did more research and released a corrected version of the mining servers. Ethash, RandomX, Etchash, and Ethash-LowMemory will never be able to have a different difficulty between workers, although we may increase that static difficulty as hardware becomes more powerful.

We apologize for the inconvienence!