Which mining software for KAWPOW?

A forum to discuss mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work the best with specific rigs, etc.
Forum rules
The Mining Algorithms forum is a place to discuss topics dealing with mining algorithms, the best coins to mine with each, the algorithms that work best with specific rigs, etc.

(For connectivity questions related to PROHASHING, please see Mining Rig and Connectivity Support.)

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Post Reply
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am
Contact:

Which mining software for KAWPOW?

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:45 pm

We recommend GMiner with Ethash. Which mining software do you find works the best with KAWPOW? Why?
distinctively
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:11 pm

Re: Which mining software for KAWPOW?

Post by distinctively » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:16 pm

I use GMIner for Etchash.
TeamRed Miner for Ethash and KAWPOW.

The performance of these miners vary as new versions come out. I actually find Phoenix miner to be the fastest but their software is dubious, as we all know.
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: Which mining software for KAWPOW?

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:29 pm

distinctively wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:16 pm I use GMIner for Etchash.
TeamRed Miner for Ethash and KAWPOW.

The performance of these miners vary as new versions come out. I actually find Phoenix miner to be the fastest but their software is dubious, as we all know.
Thanks. :)
User avatar
Mastermind007
Posts: 108
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:02 pm

Re: Which mining software for KAWPOW?

Post by Mastermind007 » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:38 am

I am using Gminer 2.74

Test several miners with kawpow and did not see a clear advantage over gminer, which I was already using.
Tested with GTX 1650's and RTX 3060's.
spauk
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: Which mining software for KAWPOW?

Post by spauk » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:14 am

Sometimes I use T-rex miner if using a LHR card for using the LHR dual mining unlock that mines eth and kawpow simultaneously, and then I can also use the lhr-low-power mode even though it says it's only for eth and autolykos it should decrease power usage sporadically for the whole gpu even while dual mining eth and kawpow. I know the LHR v2 cards are all limited on ETH and possibly autolykos, but i don't know why mining software developers haven't added more lhr-low-power mode functionality to other miners and for more algorithms just for the power saving features if mining on LHR cards (maybe it was deemed redundant because there are already other ways to lower power usage in the software like lowering intensity)

Other than GMiner's lack of lhr-low-power or dual mining functionality, GMiner is probably still the best even with LHR cards for hashrate, I get about 24 to 25 MH/s with one RTX 3060 12GB GA-106-302 at full speed using GMiner power usage up to 160 W and 152kh/w efficiency. If I'm dual mining eth and kawpow using t-rex then the kawpow hashrate is 12 to 13 MH/s, and eth hashrate 18 to 19 MH/s and i can limit the power even further for the same hashrate even though it's split across two different algos. In the end it's probably still more profitable to mine exclusively ethereum at 37-38 MH/s even though the RTX 3060 is still one of the best gpus for mining ravencoin that I've had my hands on (compared to efficiency of a 1050ti it's almost twice as efficient per watt on kawpow.)
User avatar
Sarah Manter
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:15 am
Contact:

Re: Which mining software for KAWPOW?

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:58 am

spauk wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:14 am Sometimes I use T-rex miner if using a LHR card for using the LHR dual mining unlock that mines eth and kawpow simultaneously, and then I can also use the lhr-low-power mode even though it says it's only for eth and autolykos it should decrease power usage sporadically for the whole gpu even while dual mining eth and kawpow. I know the LHR v2 cards are all limited on ETH and possibly autolykos, but i don't know why mining software developers haven't added more lhr-low-power mode functionality to other miners and for more algorithms just for the power saving features if mining on LHR cards (maybe it was deemed redundant because there are already other ways to lower power usage in the software like lowering intensity)

Other than GMiner's lack of lhr-low-power or dual mining functionality, GMiner is probably still the best even with LHR cards for hashrate, I get about 24 to 25 MH/s with one RTX 3060 12GB GA-106-302 at full speed using GMiner power usage up to 160 W and 152kh/w efficiency. If I'm dual mining eth and kawpow using t-rex then the kawpow hashrate is 12 to 13 MH/s, and eth hashrate 18 to 19 MH/s and i can limit the power even further for the same hashrate even though it's split across two different algos. In the end it's probably still more profitable to mine exclusively ethereum at 37-38 MH/s even though the RTX 3060 is still one of the best gpus for mining ravencoin that I've had my hands on (compared to efficiency of a 1050ti it's almost twice as efficient per watt on kawpow.)
Mastermind007 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:38 am I am using Gminer 2.74

Test several miners with kawpow and did not see a clear advantage over gminer, which I was already using.
Tested with GTX 1650's and RTX 3060's.
Thank you for the taking the time to respond! It's good to know what other's experiences have been with the software.
User avatar
-MaVerick-
Posts: 132
Joined: Wed May 12, 2021 3:12 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Which mining software for KAWPOW?

Post by -MaVerick- » Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:30 am

I also ran my tests with gminer, no problems. Except for a few versions here and there, gminer was the most stable one so far regarding mining software.
spauk wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:14 am I get about 24 to 25 MH/s with one RTX 3060 12GB GA-106-302 at full speed using GMiner power usage up to 160 W and 152kh/w efficiency.
EDIT: Excuse me, I was confusing this with Ethash. Never post before you reach your comfort coffee level...
Post Reply