PPLNS Share Reset?

A forum to discuss mining pools, features, etc.
Forum rules
This forum is a place to discuss mining pools, features, etc. Topics can include but are not limited to PROHASHING pool.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
daringone

PPLNS Share Reset?

Post by daringone » Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:36 am

OK, maybe I just don't understand PPLNS mining, but someone please set me straight. I've got my little Apollo BTC chugging away at Bitcoin PPLNS, and had my estimated share of earnings approaching a whopping 0.003 BTC! This morning I check in, and now my estimated share is whacked all the way down to 0.00006? I know this isn't a block change, because there's no way I'd ever have made it to 0.003 in a single day. The Apollo is just not that remotely powerful. So in short, WTF is going on here? It seems like my share credits were reset, and I have no idea why. This happened when I switched my Apollo over to FPPS for SHA-256 as well, but I assumed there was something with either me screwing up the miner name during the changes, or some rule about staying on PPLNS that maybe reset that share, but now I'm starting to think something else is afoot. Thanks for any help in clarifying my knowledge here!
Sarah Manter

Re: PPLNS Share Reset?

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:12 am

daringone wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:36 am OK, maybe I just don't understand PPLNS mining, but someone please set me straight. I've got my little Apollo BTC chugging away at Bitcoin PPLNS, and had my estimated share of earnings approaching a whopping 0.003 BTC! This morning I check in, and now my estimated share is whacked all the way down to 0.00006? I know this isn't a block change, because there's no way I'd ever have made it to 0.003 in a single day. The Apollo is just not that remotely powerful. So in short, WTF is going on here? It seems like my share credits were reset, and I have no idea why. This happened when I switched my Apollo over to FPPS for SHA-256 as well, but I assumed there was something with either me screwing up the miner name during the changes, or some rule about staying on PPLNS that maybe reset that share, but now I'm starting to think something else is afoot. Thanks for any help in clarifying my knowledge here!
This is a known display issue only, and we have engineers working full-time to correct the issue. You're being credited properly for the work done.
daringone

Post by daringone » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:36 pm

Sarah Manter wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:12 am
daringone wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:36 am OK, maybe I just don't understand PPLNS mining, but someone please set me straight. I've got my little Apollo BTC chugging away at Bitcoin PPLNS, and had my estimated share of earnings approaching a whopping 0.003 BTC! This morning I check in, and now my estimated share is whacked all the way down to 0.00006? I know this isn't a block change, because there's no way I'd ever have made it to 0.003 in a single day. The Apollo is just not that remotely powerful. So in short, WTF is going on here? It seems like my share credits were reset, and I have no idea why. This happened when I switched my Apollo over to FPPS for SHA-256 as well, but I assumed there was something with either me screwing up the miner name during the changes, or some rule about staying on PPLNS that maybe reset that share, but now I'm starting to think something else is afoot. Thanks for any help in clarifying my knowledge here!
This is a known display issue only, and we have engineers working full-time to correct the issue. You're being credited properly for the work done.
Thanks for the help. Is there any way to see my full credit at this time?
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:53 am

daringone wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:36 pm
Yes, but it's time consuming to do for every customer. First, we think we may have a fix for this, but I'll get back to you soon if it doesn't work as expected.
dalr46

Post by dalr46 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:12 pm

It is awesome to see the PPLNS stats are back to normal. Excellent work everyone!
Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:53 am

Yes, but it's time consuming to do for every customer. First, we think we may have a fix for this, but I'll get back to you soon if it doesn't work as expected.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:03 am

dalr46 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:12 pm It is awesome to see the PPLNS stats are back to normal. Excellent work everyone!
Sarah Manter wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:53 am

:) Thanks for taking the time to provide your positive feedback! We appreciate it