Has professionalism increased at PROHASHING?

A forum to discuss mining pools, features, etc.
Forum rules
This forum is a place to discuss mining pools, features, etc. Topics can include but are not limited to PROHASHING pool.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sarah Manter

Has professionalism increased at PROHASHING?

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:40 am

Our goal for the last quarter (Jan, Feb, Mar) was to increase professionalism at PROHASHING. How did we do?

Edit: A couple things it would be helpful to have feedback on with regard to professionalism:
-Is the new forum skin more professional than the old one?
-Has adding the Discord server made PROHASHING feel more professional to you?
Last edited by Sarah Manter on Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
distinctively

Re: Has professionalism increased at PROHASHING?

Post by distinctively » Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:59 pm

Well, I'm not quite sure how to approach the term professionalism for a mining pool other than reliable functionality. Having stated that, I just noticed that no one has responded in the forums today about Chia being down. Answering that question seems to be an important part of professionalism.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:20 pm

distinctively wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:59 pm Well, I'm not quite sure how to approach the term professionalism for a mining pool other than reliable functionality. Having stated that, I just noticed that no one has responded in the forums today about Chia being down. Answering that question seems to be an important part of professionalism.
I do apologize that I missed that message this morning. The main purpose of the forums, however, is to allow you to connect with other miners, rather than being a direct line to the PROHASHING staff. Many people ask questions like that in the chat to see if other miners are experiencing the same thing before contacting support. We have always said that the best way to get a timely answer to a question like that one directly from a PROHASHING staff member is to submit a support ticket through one of the official support channels at the top right of the forums or at prohashing.com/about. That being said, I have not heard of any widespread issues with Chia today, so a support ticket would be my advice either way so that our support analyst can look any issues you're currently having with Chia.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:44 pm

distinctively wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:59 pm Well, I'm not quite sure how to approach the term professionalism for a mining pool other than reliable functionality. Having stated that, I just noticed that no one has responded in the forums today about Chia being down. Answering that question seems to be an important part of professionalism.
Chia is going to be updated soon, so it will be down for a couple minutes.
distinctively

Post by distinctively » Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:05 pm

Sarah Manter wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:20 pm
I do apologize that I missed that message this morning. The main purpose of the forums, however, is to allow you to connect with other miners, rather than being a direct line to the PROHASHING staff. Many people ask questions like that in the chat to see if other miners are experiencing the same thing before contacting support. We have always said that the best way to get a timely answer to a question like that one directly from a PROHASHING staff member is to submit a support ticket through one of the official support channels at the top right of the forums or at prohashing.com/about. That being said, I have not heard of any widespread issues with Chia today, so a support ticket would be my advice either way so that our support analyst can look any issues you're currently having with Chia.
Thanx for the response. I wasn't trying to complain and was a little apprehensive about sounding that way, FWIW.
UbjfP2ZOJa

Post by UbjfP2ZOJa » Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:47 pm

I haven't had to submit a ticket for any issues, but Sarah has always been pleasant and courteous on the limited occasions I've interacted with her, and that is a good sign of professionalism. The same thing can be said of Steve from what I've seen in here. Thank you both, btw!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:42 am

distinctively wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:05 pm
Sarah Manter wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:20 pm
Thanx for the response. I wasn't trying to complain and was a little apprehensive about sounding that way, FWIW.
No worries. If we don't know you're concerned about something, we can't address it or clear it up! Thanks for reaching out.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:43 am

UbjfP2ZOJa wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:47 pm I haven't had to submit a ticket for any issues, but Sarah has always been pleasant and courteous on the limited occasions I've interacted with her, and that is a good sign of professionalism. The same thing can be said of Steve from what I've seen in here. Thank you both, btw!
Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm glad your experiences with interacting with us have been positive ones.
distinctively

Post by distinctively » Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:24 am

Now for some positive feedback.
Chia was wonky yesterday with XCH payouts and mining lookimg to be disabled. After Chia mining was back up, I assumed that mining profits would be lost. I didn't bother to submit a ticket. Today, the missed mining seems to have been replaced.

So............................excellent professionalism from ProHashing. The problem was solved without a word from me. Of course, thanks to anyone who might have submitted a ticket to establish awareness of the problem.
Daeghan

Post by Daeghan » Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:14 pm

I missed the poll unfortunately. But I would love to make a statement about this. The option for the "seeing no increase in professionalism" is a bit misleading. There can be no increase when it was already for some of us at the highest level...That being said. I wish there had been an option to say that there was no increase but that it was already exceptional...Sorry for my late reply/post.