ETHASH Profitability

Post about coin market prices and trends. The bar for content in this forum is high; see the rules for details.
Forum rules
The Market discussion forum is a place to post about coin market prices and trends. The bar for content in this forum is high; see the rules for details.

The full list of PROHASHING forums rules is available at https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ragrabowski

ETHASH Profitability

Post by ragrabowski » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:57 am

During September, ETHASH profitability has fallen 38%.
Can we expect continuously declining profitability as ETH heads toward a pure staking model?
What can GPU miners use to improve profitability going forward?
Alynn

Re: ETHASH Profitability

Post by Alynn » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:17 pm

Eth is still more profitable by far.

However whattomine is showing that
ZelHash
CryptoNightGPU
KawPow

are the next 3 highest. But honestly until Eth finally becomes unminiable you are better off just sticking with Eth for GPU mining.
jreysack

Post by jreysack » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:43 pm

May try my luck at Verthash / vertcoin once eth is moved to pos
Setvin

Post by Setvin » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:05 pm

jreysack wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:43 pm May try my luck at Verthash / vertcoin once eth is moved to pos
I just found out about the 2021 anti asic verthash update myself and it seems to be one of the last hidden gems. The only complaint I have is verthash hugely favors nivdea cards, but its a not terrible complaint. I am actually going to compare KAWPOW and VERTHASH with my amds durring the upcoming outage tomorrow. I mentioned someone adding verthash here to prohashing but I never followed up. Do we think we will be able to mine verthash on prohashing one day?
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:06 am

Yeah I have 3 RX 480 4GB that I'm hoping to put into service tomorrow (new CPU and power supply coming in tomorrow to set up an AMD rig) and I'm thinking my best bet would be to find a pool for Kawpow until prohashing supports it. I just need to figure out where.
Sumoblei

Post by Sumoblei » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:40 pm

Setvin wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:05 pm
jreysack wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:43 pm May try my luck at Verthash / vertcoin once eth is moved to pos
I just found out about the 2021 anti asic verthash update myself and it seems to be one of the last hidden gems. The only complaint I have is verthash hugely favors nivdea cards, but its a not terrible complaint. I am actually going to compare KAWPOW and VERTHASH with my amds durring the upcoming outage tomorrow. I mentioned someone adding verthash here to prohashing but I never followed up. Do we think we will be able to mine verthash on prohashing one day?
So how did the AMD's do?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:36 pm

Alynn wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:06 am Yeah I have 3 RX 480 4GB that I'm hoping to put into service tomorrow (new CPU and power supply coming in tomorrow to set up an AMD rig) and I'm thinking my best bet would be to find a pool for Kawpow until prohashing supports it. I just need to figure out where.
KAWPOW is the next algorithm we want to support - we just need to get that finance manager hired so that I can switch from finance stuff to programming again.
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:36 pm
Alynn wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:06 am Yeah I have 3 RX 480 4GB that I'm hoping to put into service tomorrow (new CPU and power supply coming in tomorrow to set up an AMD rig) and I'm thinking my best bet would be to find a pool for Kawpow until prohashing supports it. I just need to figure out where.
KAWPOW is the next algorithm we want to support - we just need to get that finance manager hired so that I can switch from finance stuff to programming again.
Oh I know it is coming, but I have the hardware now, and I want to get it all set up and running and working out any bugs.
Setvin

Post by Setvin » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:01 am

Sumoblei wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:40 pm
Setvin wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:05 pm
So how did the AMD's do?
Not terrible. It's better to mine ethereum and use prohashing to get verthash right now. It's so cheap though its worth it I think, the devs seem to be on their game. They hired a company to make the miner and its only been out a few months, so I am giving them some room to breathe and see what happens.
corak67

Post by corak67 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:37 am

The profitability of mining on the Ethereum network, which uses the Ethash algorithm, is subject to several factors that can change over time.It's important to note that cryptocurrency markets are highly volatile, and profitability can change rapidly. Additionally, the Ethereum network is transitioning to Ethereum 2.0, which will http://gbwhatsappfree.net/ replace the current Proof-of-Work (PoW) consensus mechanism with Proof-of-Stake (PoS). This transition may impact the profitability and feasibility of traditional ETHASH mining in the future.