What kind of holiday shopper are you?

Posts of general interest that are not related to cryptocurrency.
Forum rules
This forum is for posts of general interest not related to cryptocurrency but still must follow the forums rules posted at https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums. Replies must relate to the topic being discussed in the thread, and any links included must be included to provide more information or context and contribute something to the value of the discussion.

Spam links are grounds for post deletion and banishment from the forums.
Sarah Manter

What kind of holiday shopper are you?

Post by Sarah Manter » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:42 pm

We're getting down to the wire, and I'm curious. Which kind of holiday shopper are you? (Do you use your mining earnings to supplement your gift giving? ;-) )

*I've been done shopping for months, and I keep an eye out for bargains all year round.
*Not only am I done shopping, but my gifts are wrapped and ready to go.
*I'm mostly done, but I have a few last minute gifts to grab.
*I still have almost everyone on my list to buy for, and the stress is getting real.
*I was supposed to start shopping already? Doesn't everyone shop on Christmas Eve?
*I'm a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, and I've somehow managed to be a little bit of several of these.
*I don't celebrate winter holidays/participate in gift giving.

bMeister1

Re: What kind of holiday shopper are you?

Post by bMeister1 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:32 pm

I'm the guy who always says he's gonna start earlier this year and still ends up cutting it close. lol With only one person on my list left, I've actually done surprisingly well this time around. Maybe Santa will leave some Doge in my stocking for being a good hodler this year!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:40 am

bMeister1 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:32 pm I'm the guy who always says he's gonna start earlier this year and still ends up cutting it close. lol With only one person on my list left, I've actually done surprisingly well this time around. Maybe Santa will leave some Doge in my stocking for being a good hodler this year!
One person left, that's not bad. :-) Crossing my fingers on the Doge.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:49 pm

I used to be the late shopper with christmas eve usually my day to go and get like 80% of the stuff. Always a nice opportunity for spending some time with my sister. Too bad those last 2 years did put a hold to that, so I'm currently preparing some packages. At least I managed to get ridiculously drunk with my dad a few weeks ago like every year for at least 1 time (usually christmas), so that tradition stays alive for now, just a little less christmassy.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:42 am

-MaVerick- wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:49 pm I used to be the late shopper with christmas eve usually my day to go and get like 80% of the stuff. Always a nice opportunity for spending some time with my sister. Too bad those last 2 years did put a hold to that, so I'm currently preparing some packages. At least I managed to get ridiculously drunk with my dad a few weeks ago like every year for at least 1 time (usually christmas), so that tradition stays alive for now, just a little less christmassy.
The holiday season definitely does feel different this time around, doesn't it?
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 am

Sarah Manter wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:42 am The holiday season definitely does feel different this time around, doesn't it?
I hate it...but there's nothing you can do except be as careful as possible. The risk of visiting my family and bringing something bad with me is too high for my liking, especially right now. I wouldn't be able to live with it if something serious would happen.
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:51 am

-MaVerick- wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:58 am
Sarah Manter wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:42 am The holiday season definitely does feel different this time around, doesn't it?
I hate it...but there's nothing you can do except be as careful as possible. The risk of visiting my family and bringing something bad with me is too high for my liking, especially right now. I wouldn't be able to live with it if something serious would happen.
I get that, for sure.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:59 am

Sorry, that wasn't ment to break the joy of Christmas, this situation sometimes gets to me.

Packages are all sent and will make some faces happy. Merry Christmas to all fellow mining addicts and Prohashing staff!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:10 pm

-MaVerick- wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:59 am Sorry, that wasn't ment to break the joy of Christmas, this situation sometimes gets to me.

Packages are all sent and will make some faces happy. Merry Christmas to all fellow mining addicts and Prohashing staff!
No worries, I think we all get it at this point. Merry Christmas to you as well!!
Sarah Manter

Post by Sarah Manter » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:04 pm

WButler89 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:11 am As for me, I prefer to buy and pack all the gifts and souvenirs a couple of weeks before Christmas. Otherwise, according to my old experience, I will definitely forget something important and the person to whom this gift was intended will be upset because of me.
I hear you on that one! I'm always worried I'm going to start wrapping kid presents and realize the loot is significantly unbalanced too late to do anything about it.