BRAVE browser

Discussion about topics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.
Forum rules
Links in initial topics in all Prohashing forums may only reference sites featuring two or more products or services.
CSZiggy

BRAVE browser

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:36 pm

@mad4mining :  posted on the forums about the BRAVE browser. Never heard of that one before mad4mining  posted up about it.
Wanted to see what people thought about it.

according to their website info:

How is Brave using BAT?
Removing ads from websites means you are removing a revenue stream for content creators who rely on advertising revenue to keep their content flowing. It’s always been a moral barrier for me when I use Brave or an ad blocking extension, because I enjoy supporting my favorite YouTube channels or Twitch streamers.

I would say its 1 thing to block ads from showing, but seems like another to replace the ads the content creators get paid for with the browsers own ads that they get paid for with you using their software. Replacing ads with your own ads on another owners web content seems like theft to me.
Or plagiarism.

What do other users think about BRAVE browser, paying BAT tokens instead of allowing the content creators original ads to pay them.
mad4mining

Re: BRAVE browser

Post by mad4mining » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:01 pm

Seriously, how many sites do you visit where you feel the ads are contributing to website so much that your engagement makes a difference. 99% of ads targeting me are useless, clog the site from loading, track my movements, send info to the website that they resell to ad firms and manipulate what you see. BRAVE allows me to decide which sites I like and which ones I want to support. The browser logs the sites you visit and at then end of each month you pick who provided great content and they get the BAT tokens. The payout on Sept 19th (?) offers each user 25 BAT tokens to distribute to content providers. Pick all or one or none. Companies like facebook sell our info to data companies who then charge for ad services targeting us. Prohashing for example, makes money via a piece of our mining. Their website could be loaded with hundreds of ads to help subsidize the website(content, webmanagement, hosting, internet). Why not throw a few credits their way to reward them for their content and our appreciation for not having ads all over the site.

Every site I touch these days, including news, weather, travel, reviews, is so loaded with click-bait and popup ads I can't see my article half the time. It's ridiculous. Every kid I've spoken to from high school to college is getting into this browser. Over the next year I expect Microsoft or Google to try and buy them (and pray they don't). The Basic Attention Token (BAT) is a great way for me to support the sites I like. It also ties in with the crypto/blockchain theme that gets attention by its very lingo.

I've used the browser for about a month and LOVE it !! The best part is it's community driven.

https://brave.com/

:mrgreen: :geek:
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:27 pm

And then I read things like....SAN FRANCISCO and GREENWICH, CT, May 3rd, 2018 — Brave, which is combining an innovative privacy browser with a blockchain-based digital advertising platform, and Townsquare Media, Inc., which owns and operates a large portfolio of digital brands focused on music and entertainment, announced today that they are partnering to enable Townsquare to re-engage ad-blocking users.

So first they block the original ad content, and then they sell add viewing on their browser to users who have it disabled anyway?

If the BAT system is valid, then the owners of the browser take payments for selling ads in BAT coins?
I'm guessing they are taking $$ from the ad firm to display their ads in place of the original ones?
Seems a bit suspect still to me. Block, support, but don't steal.
It looks like someone saw the catchphrase BLOCKCHAIN and decided to combine it with a ad revenue replacement scheme.
Just how I'm seeing this one.
Alarmista

Post by Alarmista » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:34 am

I just found out that BRAVE exists but if I am not mistaken most traders use it because it offers higher security...