Support for CREX24 coming soon?

A community for developers and users of NewYorkcoin.
moonshot

Support for CREX24 coming soon?

Post by moonshot » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 pm

When will CREX24 be added to the markets supported by Prohashing?
GregoryGHarding

Re: Support for CREX24 coming soon?

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:51 pm

probably once their trade api comes out of beta, or not if they dont support certain calls that prohashing needs
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:54 am

This exchange does support everything that's needed. However, our biggest problem right now is researching and installing the coins on these exchanges, not implementing new exchanges.

We are still researching the coins on stex and exx. Once we've finished those and have gone back to our existing exchanges to figure out which coins are Cryptonight, we'll be working on this in January or February.

In the meantime, we're devoting a lot of time into advertising, as it seems that despite significantly improving stability, which was the #1 requested feature, more users have not arrived.
CSZiggy

Post by CSZiggy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Have users been shifting....like GPU miners that were on etash moving over to CN8?

Modern video cards do ~500-600 hash/s or so for CN8, and with 144K I am guessing around 300 video cards are on there.
How are the profits for those 300 cards/users?
How long did it take to add in the new algo?
Will the profit increase much or more coins be added to attract more new users?

Has the pool run a ROI on adding the new CN8 algo?

I understand it's hard to estimate how much will be generated in the future going forward, but if CN8 coins like to jump ever so often to keep ASIC at bay, how much maintenance will be needed to stay on top of those coins versus increasing the profits of scypt of sha-256 where there seems to be a lot more users?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:09 pm

CSZiggy wrote:Have users been shifting....like GPU miners that were on etash moving over to CN8?

Modern video cards do ~500-600 hash/s or so for CN8, and with 144K I am guessing around 300 video cards are on there.
How are the profits for those 300 cards/users?
How long did it take to add in the new algo?
Will the profit increase much or more coins be added to attract more new users?

Has the pool run a ROI on adding the new CN8 algo?

I understand it's hard to estimate how much will be generated in the future going forward, but if CN8 coins like to jump ever so often to keep ASIC at bay, how much maintenance will be needed to stay on top of those coins versus increasing the profits of scypt of sha-256 where there seems to be a lot more users?
At this point, I think the greatest gains can be made by improving the quality of our services, rather than trying to increase profitability in the existing algorithms. We're focusing on these new algorithms, website improvements, bug reduction, and more payout coins. Remember, we performed a test of significantly increasing scrypt profitability a while ago and the impact in hashrate, even of an loss-leader 10% increase, was minimal.