Welcome to NewYorkCoin!

A community for developers and users of NewYorkcoin.
moonshot

Welcome to NewYorkCoin!

Post by moonshot » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:19 am

In a world where bitcoin is losing retail partners like Steam and Microsoft, NewYorkCoin, with its fast 30 second confirmations and transactions that are free > 95% of the time, aims to put commerce back in cryptocurrency. With an ever growing list of locations that accept NewYorkCoin (https://www.nycoinstores.com/) that's just the beginning. NewYorkCoin is in the early stages of revitalization that will make it a force to be reckoned with. Invest your hash today, before everyone else finds out how fast NewYorkCoin is developing!

NewYorkCoin can only profitably be mined with scrypt ASICs like Bitmain's L3 or Innosilicon's A4. Don't have a scrypt miner? No problem you can still take your payout in NewYorkCoin thanks to Prohashing's flexible payout options.

To find out more, visit https://nycoin.community/
Last edited by moonshot on Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Welcome to NewYorkCoin!

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:09 pm

moonshot wrote:In a world where bitcoin is losing retail partners like Steam and Microsoft, NewYorkCoin, with its fast 30 second confirmations and transactions that are free > 95% of the time, aims to put commerce back in cryptocurrency. With an ever growing list locations that accept NewYorkCoin (https://www.nycoinstores.com/) that's just the beginning. NewYorkCoin is in the early stages of revitalization that will make it a force to be reckoned with. Invest your hash today, before everyone else finds out how fast NewYorkCoin is developing!

NewYorkCoin can only profitably be mined with scrypt ASICs like Bitmain's L3 or Innosilicon's A4. Don't have a scrypt miner? No problem you can still take your payout in NewYorkCoin thanks to Prohashing's flexible payout options.

To find out more, visit https://nycoin.community/
Thanks, and we're glad to have you here! Feel free to contact us if you need more moderators or have any questions about how the software works.
djliss

Post by djliss » Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:23 pm

coin seems to be in error as yobit has no exchange rates? is it possible to allow solo mining for coins with exchange errors?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:58 pm

djliss wrote:coin seems to be in error as yobit has no exchange rates? is it possible to allow solo mining for coins with exchange errors?
That's on the tasklist of things that need to be fixed, but we don't have the manpower to do it right now. You can help by directing talented developers to the position we have posted in the "news" forum, so that then I can focus my energy on fixing issues like this. There is plenty of money available, so please send developers this way!
djliss

Post by djliss » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:14 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
djliss wrote:coin seems to be in error as yobit has no exchange rates? is it possible to allow solo mining for coins with exchange errors?
That's on the tasklist of things that need to be fixed, but we don't have the manpower to do it right now. You can help by directing talented developers to the position we have posted in the "news" forum, so that then I can focus my energy on fixing issues like this. There is plenty of money available, so please send developers this way!
I wish i was talented enough to develop, I'm the infrastructure man at work, servers, hardware firewalls and networking (design and implementation), however i am in the process of learning C# which is probably no good for what you require. I do work at a software house so will ask the developers if any of them are interested but think they only code in C# and an old 4GL sculptor language, and we have 1 web developer mainly PHP, pretty much all back end database stuff is in mySQL so if any of that is of any help/ interest i can have a word with them, maybe something they want to branch out into.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:27 am

djliss wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
I wish i was talented enough to develop, I'm the infrastructure man at work, servers, hardware firewalls and networking (design and implementation), however i am in the process of learning C# which is probably no good for what you require. I do work at a software house so will ask the developers if any of them are interested but think they only code in C# and an old 4GL sculptor language, and we have 1 web developer mainly PHP, pretty much all back end database stuff is in mySQL so if any of that is of any help/ interest i can have a word with them, maybe something they want to branch out into.
PHP is the language we need, but really these tasks are trivially simple when it comes to the code. If I were to describe the tasks we have now, they would be "researcher" positions rather than "developer" positions. Adding new coins and exchanges simply requires reading a lot of documentation and figuring out how the coin works, and then writing about 10 lines to call the coin's functions.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 am

Also, another solution to this issue is to get NewYorkCoin listed on a more reliable exchange. Poloniex or Bittrex, for example, are two of the most reliable exchanges and if NewYorkCoin were offered there, this problem wouldn't exist.
moonshot

Post by moonshot » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:47 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Also, another solution to this issue is to get NewYorkCoin listed on a more reliable exchange. Poloniex or Bittrex, for example, are two of the most reliable exchanges and if NewYorkCoin were offered there, this problem wouldn't exist.
Thanks Steve, we have a vibrant community that is hard at work bringing more reliable exchanges on board; for the list of currently supported exchanges see:
https://nycoin.community/#community