GPU Ethash Static Diff Issue

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Raven2323

GPU Ethash Static Diff Issue

Post by Raven2323 » Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 pm

Just wondering why both my GPU rigs has been set to a static difficulty of .25 (1.07gig) for the last 20 days. I have not changed any setting, command lines or software. I have restarted both and tried using a different software with the same results. Both rigs are connected to port 3339 and using Ethash algo. Before this happened the difficulty rate would range from 1.07 to 17gig. I am aware that the profit is the same just wondering with the change? Thanks.
Sarah Manter

Re: GPU Ethash Static Diff Issue

Post by Sarah Manter » Tue May 24, 2022 1:50 pm

Raven2323 wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:31 pm Just wondering why both my GPU rigs has been set to a static difficulty of .25 (1.07gig) for the last 20 days. I have not changed any setting, command lines or software. I have restarted both and tried using a different software with the same results. Both rigs are connected to port 3339 and using Ethash algo. Before this happened the difficulty rate would range from 1.07 to 17gig. I am aware that the profit is the same just wondering with the change? Thanks.
An incorrect implementation was discovered and corrected. Ethash, as an algorithm, doesn't work with variable difficulty.
Raven2323

Post by Raven2323 » Tue May 24, 2022 2:47 pm

Thank you. I have spoke with Steve as well. Everything is good now. Appreciate the information.
yotiy

Post by yotiy » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:33 pm

The "GPU Ethash Static Diff Issue" refers to a problem encountered by GPUs while mining cryptocurrencies using the Ethash algorithm. This issue can cause fluctuations in mining difficulty, affecting mining efficiency and profitability. Miners experiencing this problem may need to adjust their mining settings or seek assistance from technical support.

For those in South Africa, looking to Buy Ozempic Online South Africa, ensure to explore reputable online pharmacies and consult with a healthcare professional before making any purchase.
FaraHilde

Post by FaraHilde » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:43 am

The "GPU Ethash Static Diff Issue" affects mining efficiency and profitability, requiring miners to adjust settings or seek technical support. Additionally, for those in South Africa seeking to Buy Ozempic Online, consult reputable online pharmacies and healthcare professionals before purchasing.