Mini-Doge connection issues to ProHashing

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
rborgia

Mini-Doge connection issues to ProHashing

Post by rborgia » Sat May 21, 2022 10:39 am

After a week (maybe two) of running my Goldshell mini-doge I woke this morning, and it will no longer connect to the Prohashing pool... it's connecting fine to the litecoin pool and hashing away.

I have tried the following:
- Rebooted the box,
- Made sure the Prohashing entry was the primary pool (moved to the top)
- Removed the Litecoin pool entry all together
- Removed and recreated the Prohashing pool entry (by itself and with the Litecoin Pool)

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Is there any way on the Mini-Doge to see the command line / miner screen as it runs to look for errors?

Thanks all!
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Mini-Doge connection issues to ProHashing

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat May 21, 2022 5:10 pm

rborgia wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:39 am After a week (maybe two) of running my Goldshell mini-doge I woke this morning, and it will no longer connect to the Prohashing pool... it's connecting fine to the litecoin pool and hashing away.

I have tried the following:
- Rebooted the box,
- Made sure the Prohashing entry was the primary pool (moved to the top)
- Removed the Litecoin pool entry all together
- Removed and recreated the Prohashing pool entry (by itself and with the Litecoin Pool)

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Is there any way on the Mini-Doge to see the command line / miner screen as it runs to look for errors?

Thanks all!
This seems to be something that will require additional investigation. We're not aware of any widespread issues, but please submit a support ticket with your username and we'll be glad to help!
NearlyDeparted

Post by NearlyDeparted » Sun May 22, 2022 5:10 am

What version is your firmware and hardware version? Top right corner on the main web interface.
You may have to only have the prohashing pool in your miner setting. no other pools as options.
You can look at all the logs by going to your miner web interface and adding debug at the end of the url
example: http://xxx.xxx.x.x/#/debug
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 22, 2022 11:48 am

After some investigation, I think that there may be some sort of network connectivity issue, because we determined that the EU server is accessible to many of the customers but that the US location is not. The timing to the fix of the SHA-256 rejected shares issue is just coincidental.

Chris is investigating and hopes to have something by the end of the day.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun May 22, 2022 3:46 pm

This issue has been resolved.

We don't know what the cause of the issue is. Something with the Linux kernel kept the ports used for that one mining server open, and when the server was restarted, nothing could connect to those ports.

Chris didn't want to restart the server, which has been online for 236 days, because it would inconvenience the other 15 mining servers' customers. Therefore, he just changed the internal ports for that one mining server, and everything is back to normal.