MSI GE76 mining

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
PokerSmurf

MSI GE76 mining

Post by PokerSmurf » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:07 pm

I am new to mining but the laptop I have has been advertised as being able to mine...I have an MSI GE76 with an rtx 3060 you...I want to use prohash to mine when not using it but I fear it will burn up the laptop...I briefly started to mine and checked my system usage and it said it was using 100% of the gpu...is that bad...is there a way to lower how much of gpu is used...any feedback is appreciated... thanks
thundergun

Re: MSI GE76 mining

Post by thundergun » Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:20 pm

You might be able to get MSI afterburner and lower the power settings on your card.
Im sure theres people that go over the settings of your exact laptop on youtube or other.

That will lower the hash rate, but the biggest issue with laptops is heat...

There's videos on youtube of people running 100's of laptops mining all in the same room, so it is a thing...