Chia Farming Bytesize

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
DigitalSpaceport

Chia Farming Bytesize

Post by DigitalSpaceport » Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:16 pm

I was checking the stats on the farm the first full day running with the 3 various sized contracts I have, and noticed something. I am not thinking its actually an "issue" with payments, because based on my calculation the amount earned is spot on. Maybe its just the diff adjustment?

Local stats

wjoshua1984

Re: Chia Farming Bytesize

Post by wjoshua1984 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:50 am

Unrelated to your question can I ask why you chose to use 3 nft plots instead of 1?
DigitalSpaceport

Post by DigitalSpaceport » Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:40 pm

wjoshua1984 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:50 am Unrelated to your question can I ask why you chose to use 3 nft plots instead of 1?
Of the big pools, I did some testing with 500 plots and 500 plots early on with Flexpool and Space to make a video about some of the claims of higher returns were true. Turns out the were both within 1.2% of each other with Space actually edging over Flex. The 1TB pool was a solar powered flexfarmer experiment.
wjoshua1984

Post by wjoshua1984 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:41 pm

DigitalSpaceport wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:40 pm
wjoshua1984 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:50 am Unrelated to your question can I ask why you chose to use 3 nft plots instead of 1?
Of the big pools, I did some testing with 500 plots and 500 plots early on with Flexpool and Space to make a video about some of the claims of higher returns were true. Turns out the were both within 1.2% of each other with Space actually edging over Flex. The 1TB pool was a solar powered flexfarmer experiment.
Okay got ya, I was just wondering lol. I'm dabbling around. I filled an old 4tb drive I had for gaming just to see what's up with chia. I have an option to buy a server to hobby on for $155... With the drives on it I think I can't pass it up even if I didn't want to farm.

Specs:
-2U rack server
-single Xeon E5-2603 CPU @ 1.8ghz, up gradable to dual CPU's
-Intel® Server Board S2600GZ
-32gb DDR3 ECC registered RAM (four 8gb modules)
-Intel RMS25CB080 RAID card with Intel SAS expansion, 1gb cache, and "super cache" battery backup
-four 1gbps network cards plus dedicated management
-dual power supplies
-twelve 2tb SATA 7200 hard drives
-one 100gb SSD drive

The only problem I see for a startup farm is the SSD is on the small side.
DigitalSpaceport

Post by DigitalSpaceport » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:09 am

Yeah thats a decent price especially for the drives. You can sell those on ebay even or, my preference, raid0 stripe 6 of them as the temp for MadMax plotter. Low ram is fine, but the 2603 is the pits. I tested a lot of ivy and sandy xeons and the 2650 is a great balance if budget/price if you update anything. Best bang for the upgrade buck there. Welcome to the farm!
wjoshua1984

Post by wjoshua1984 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:00 am

DigitalSpaceport wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:09 am Yeah thats a decent price especially for the drives. You can sell those on ebay even or, my preference, raid0 stripe 6 of them as the temp for MadMax plotter. Low ram is fine, but the 2603 is the pits. I tested a lot of ivy and sandy xeons and the 2650 is a great balance if budget/price if you update anything. Best bang for the upgrade buck there. Welcome to the farm!
Thanks for the welcome, yeah I saw the processor wasn't the greatest. I can buy servers all day long but it's a crap chute when it comes to drives included, if there are any they're usually just <1tb. It's not often they come up with 24 TB loaded for that price.