Goldshell miner name setup

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mabco

Goldshell miner name setup

Post by mabco » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:01 pm

Hi all,
Anyone know how to setup the name for a Goldshell ASIC miner in Prohashing? I just get a long string of numbers and letters even though I tried the i=<name> as the password. Thanks.
-MaVerick-

Re: Goldshell miner name setup

Post by -MaVerick- » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:16 pm

Worker name is "n=" and the group "o=" - also see here: https://prohashing.com/tools/miner-configurator
mabco

Post by mabco » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:23 pm

I just figured out that I have to use "n=" instead of "i=" as instructed in the worker configuration, after looking at my gminer configuration for prohashing. Thanks for the speedy reply, I'm still new at this. Greatly appreciated. Cheers!
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:59 pm

You're welcome! Looking at the complexity of mining almost no question is too noobish to ask, don't worry. I'm also by no means an expert, more like an advanced noob. With a cute dog though.