L3+ Miner

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Macky82

L3+ Miner

Post by Macky82 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:20 am

i have a l3 miner in admin says 506mh/s avg 495mh/s and on prohashing its 450mh/s and lower why is it showing so low on prohashing

Alynn

Re: L3+ Miner

Post by Alynn » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:25 am

What is your e= argument? Are you using the correct i= argument from the configurator?

Basically prohashing values are an estimate based upon how many shares you are turning in. You should expect to see some variance, or you haven't tweaked your password arguments.
Macky82

Post by Macky82 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:16 am

n=Scrypt-504,o=Scrypt-504,i=l3_504
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:43 pm

try using e=off if your mining software doesn't require refreshes every 60 seconds.

"When "e=off," the mining server only sends work restarts and difficulty commands when those commands are necessary for their intended purpose. When "off" is selected, it is possible that no communication may be sent to the workers for minutes at a time, and buggy mining software may make the erroneous assumption that the mining server is offline and disconnect. If you know that your workers do not behave in this manner, or if you can figure out how to configure your workers to continue mining even if there has been no communication for 60 seconds, setting "e=off" will increase the hashrate of your workers because no time will be wasted in processing unnecessary communication or restarting work unnecessarily."
Leftoverloser

Post by Leftoverloser » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:02 am

Alynn wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:43 pm try using e=off if your mining software doesn't require refreshes every 60 seconds.

"When "e=off," the mining server only sends work restarts and difficulty commands when those commands are necessary for their intended purpose. When "off" is selected, it is possible that no communication may be sent to the workers for minutes at a time, and buggy mining software may make the erroneous assumption that the mining server is offline and disconnect. If you know that your workers do not behave in this manner, or if you can figure out how to configure your workers to continue mining even if there has been no communication for 60 seconds, setting "e=off" will increase the hashrate of your workers because no time will be wasted in processing unnecessary communication or restarting work unnecessarily."

Where exactly is the "e=off" located? I have a couple L++ and use the password i=l3_596. They run a little slow too. MAybe this could help me out a swell. Thanks !
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:33 am

In the password argument delimited by commas (,)
i=l3_596,e=off

you may also want to look into a minimum difficulty and other such tweaks

Full list of the arguments and what they mean are here
https://prohashing.com/help/optimizing-pool-miners
philipdizon

Post by philipdizon » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:57 am

hello, I have two L3++ . my miners all of the sudden stop hashing when the other is hashing. I rebooted both machines, changed names and changed location for the machines. but, once I turn one on, the other stops hashing. does anyone have a suggestion
steve_empire

Post by steve_empire » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:12 pm

philipdizon wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:57 am hello, I have two L3++ . my miners all of the sudden stop hashing when the other is hashing. I rebooted both machines, changed names and changed location for the machines. but, once I turn one on, the other stops hashing. does anyone have a suggestion
Do you have duplicate Static IP's setup in your miners?
Sumoblei

Post by Sumoblei » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:29 am

Alynn wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:43 pm try using e=off if your mining software doesn't require refreshes every 60 seconds.

Does "e=off" apply to gpu's also.. or is it determined by the software whether "e=off" is useful?
Alynn

Post by Alynn » Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:43 pm

so its more for the software thinking that there is a disconnection if there is no communication from the server. So in this case, yes, it works with GPUs since it's the mining software doing the disconnecting.