'build_broadcast_args' on my other rig

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
LiVeBeaT

'build_broadcast_args' on my other rig

Post by LiVeBeaT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:20 am

I've got a RTX 3060 ti mining from my pc and another laptop mining about 14mh's.
since last day i've been getting the message on my laptop only, which uses ethash-lowmem:

Code: Select all

Connection Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'build_broadcast_args'
tried checking my config (which was working none stop for more then half a year) and found nothing to blame. updated to latest gminer and still nothing. checked another post here which had the same problem and it was solved by doing a server restart apparently .
Steve Sokolowski

Re: 'build_broadcast_args' on my other rig

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:38 am

LiVeBeaT wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:20 am I've got a RTX 3060 ti mining from my pc and another laptop mining about 14mh's.
since last day i've been getting the message on my laptop only, which uses ethash-lowmem:

Code: Select all

Connection Error: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'build_broadcast_args'
tried checking my config (which was working none stop for more then half a year) and found nothing to blame. updated to latest gminer and still nothing. checked another post here which had the same problem and it was solved by doing a server restart apparently .
This issue is a bug in the mining servers.

Please submit a support ticket so that we can begin an investigation. Submit the ticket through the "website chat" method at https://prohashing.com/about, which will allow us to verify your IP address, username, and other data that we need to investigate this issue.

Once you submit the ticket, this issue will be our number one priority, so I urge you to submit the ticket as soon as possible so that we can start the research.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:43 am

I have never come across that error. I have a laptop the with a 3060 in it but it is mining eth since it has 6gb of memory.
I have a some 1650's that are mining eth-lowmemory and they to not have any issues. All are using gminer 2.70

From a coding perspective the 'NoneType' would seem to indicate the value is not being set that is required.

EDIT: Opps I spoke to soon. Just checked in on my 1650's and they are dead in the water.

I submitted a ticket with screenshot.
LiVeBeaT

Post by LiVeBeaT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:53 am

Mastermind007 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:43 am I have never come across that error. I have a laptop the with a 3060 in it but it is mining eth since it has 6gb of memory.
I have a some 1650's that are mining eth-lowmemory and they to not have any issues. All are using gminer 2.70

From a coding perspective the 'NoneType' would seem to indicate the value is not being set that is required.
I've never had this problem either, just started after a auto-restart happened on it (win updates disabled) so i have no idea what caused it.
after the restart the internet was disabled.
Apparently i've been mining on the normal ethash port and not the low-mem port, which is probably the only thing i changed, but switching back doesn't solve the problem.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:22 am

I switched over to etc for the time being. Will switch back to test lowmem once I get the all clear from support.