what should my config file look like as its not working

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
alwayswinter

what should my config file look like as its not working

Post by alwayswinter » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:33 am

i was trying to mine etheruem and my config file looks like this. and it wont work so what should it look like with aa 2080nvidia for eth

miner.exe --algo ethash --server prohashing.com3339 --user alwayswinter --pass a=ethash,n=WORKER1,o=DANIEL
Mastermind007

Re: what should my config file look like as its not working

Post by Mastermind007 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:44 am

Not sure what miner you are using but the config looks correct for most.

What error message are you getting for the miner?

You should add the l= password switch. While not having it would not cause it to fail, it certainly help to list what your GPU has.

Consider using the l=[RAM in GB] password argument to specify the miner's memory limit. Proswitching will only assign coins requiring a DAG that can fit in the l= memory limit. The more profitable "Ethash" algorithm is restricted to workers with more than 4GB of RAM, while the "Ethash-LowMemory" algorithm accepts workers with any amount of RAM.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:46 pm

alwayswinter wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:33 am i was trying to mine etheruem and my config file looks like this. and it wont work so what should it look like with aa 2080nvidia for eth

miner.exe --algo ethash --server prohashing.com3339 --user alwayswinter --pass a=ethash,n=WORKER1,o=DANIEL
The only thing i notice is the missing : in prohashing.com3339 -> prohashing.com:3339
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:51 pm

-MaVerick- wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:46 pm
alwayswinter wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:33 am i was trying to mine etheruem and my config file looks like this. and it wont work so what should it look like with aa 2080nvidia for eth

The only thing i notice is the missing : in prohashing.com3339 -> prohashing.com:3339
Good catch. That : missing would definitely cause it to fail.
alwayswinter

Post by alwayswinter » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:32 pm

ok i fixed it now aanother question should i exclude coinns of or over a certian difficulty for better pay? if so whaats a good nnumber to put in there? also when dual mining like raven and eth or zilla is the zilla mined off my cpu or gpu ? as id like to be able to do other stuff on my pc when mining not be cpu bogged down
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:55 pm

No offense, but you can search most of the stuff here or via google, some work you have to do on your own, not gotta write a book here :P

How did you fix it? Was it the missing ":"
alwayswinter

Post by alwayswinter » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:00 pm

my av software was blocking and deleting the file miner.exe