Dashboard for Chia quesiton

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Mastermind007

Dashboard for Chia quesiton

Post by Mastermind007 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:15 pm

I have the following in my dashboard and wonder is it a problem or is that just the nature of chia?

Still trying to wrap my head around how chia works.

Sarah Manter

Re: Dashboard for Chia quesiton

Post by Sarah Manter » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:21 pm

Mastermind007 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:15 pm I have the following in my dashboard and wonder is it a problem or is that just the nature of chia?

Still trying to wrap my head around how chia works.

Vance said that that is mainly a timing thing because the system checks for shares every 5 or 6 minutes for other coins, but for Chia the shares are submitted something like every 8 minutes. There are a few things like this that he's in the process of looking into.
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:28 pm

Understood. Just not sure how chia and the pool work.

Thanks for the response.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:41 pm

Chia doesn't work on Prohashing better off finding another pool until they get the wrinkles ironed out here. I don't get paid to be a beta tester.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:54 pm

Murr808 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:41 pm Chia doesn't work on Prohashing better off finding another pool until they get the wrinkles ironed out here. I don't get paid to be a beta tester.
:roll:

You can't have an omlett without breaking some eggs. But yeah, please leave the ship at the smallest sign of a problem and don't try to help. That seems to be cool nowadays.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:59 pm

-MaVerick- wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:54 pm
Murr808 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:41 pm Chia doesn't work on Prohashing better off finding another pool until they get the wrinkles ironed out here. I don't get paid to be a beta tester.
:roll:

You can't have an omlett without breaking some eggs. But yeah, please leave the ship at the smallest sign of a problem and don't try to help. That seems to be cool nowadays.
I've pointed out several problems with their Chia pool, more than the smallest sign of a problem, the pool is pretty much not working. Maybe they should have posted Chia pool is in beta testing under the Development forum instead of saying that everything was working.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:27 pm

You come in here trying to derail a topic you got nothing to do with and try to lure users away from Prohashing. You think thats nice? Especially since we know how many hours are put into getting this system to work right now.
Murr808

Post by Murr808 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:37 pm

-MaVerick- wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:27 pm You come in here trying to derail a topic you got nothing to do with and try to lure users away from Prohashing. You think thats nice? Especially since we know how many hours are put into getting this system to work right now.
Do you even have a Chia farm? I have 50TB of Chia plots, I wanted to try Prohashing but the user experience turned me away. Like I said maybe when they fix the problems I will try again.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:43 pm

No, I just invested in a new GPU, milking Eth. Time will tell if I will also jump on Chia. That doesn't matter though when looking at your behavior, which is what I'm criticizing here. Telling others to not mine here because you think it doesn't work is just... :roll:
Mastermind007

Post by Mastermind007 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:55 pm

I am just testing and learning a new technology. I am not planning on making anything at this at least to start. If the 12TB I can through at this help iron out the bugs good. Hell I have already moved my full node to another PC as well as added a separate harvester just to see how it was done.

As I see it, if you don't want to mine this pool then don't.