Help a newbie. Need software

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
sopli777

Help a newbie. Need software

Post by sopli777 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:31 pm

Hello. I want to invest in a mining farm. Everywhere I find only pieces of information. Help please - you need: What software is needed and for what. Where to begin. Equipment and installation conditions.
Alynn

Re: Help a newbie. Need software

Post by Alynn » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:34 pm

If you cannot find these questions on your own. I highly suggest you not start a farm until you know what you are doing. Research is HUGE for doing this especially if you are going to scale up.
freeman797

Post by freeman797 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:45 am

Hi. What do you want to mine with?
sopli777

Post by sopli777 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:08 am

I do not know. I want to figure out what will be more profitable. On the one hand, there are ASICs, they are convenient and already configured.
But dear ones. video cards are more variable and cheaper. But there is a lot of trouble with them (((
freeman797

Post by freeman797 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 am

This is a very big job. We must start with the formation and the budgetary part

depending on what equipment you use. Are you going to use video cards? what?

start with a training video, usually on websites along with programs, there are instructions and training videos
sopli777

Post by sopli777 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:32 am

Let's say I have a room, electricity and racks. Collected several rigs. How do I start them? What software do you need?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:47 am

freeman797 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:59 am for example
One of the most popular and effective mining programs is –Awesome Mine [censored]
GUI Miner- [censored]
NiceHash - https://www.nicehash.com
This post has been removed because posters must post links directly to the official site. These were indirect links to a third-party site that then provided additional links to what the reader was looking for - an annoying extra click that provides no value.
-MaVerick-

Post by -MaVerick- » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:25 am

Awesome Miner would be a good idea as a new miner though, very easy to handle and lots of mining programs integrated. Even Prohashing is listed as a pool there if I'm not mistaken.

But looking at the whole thread, I'll go with Aylnn. This whole mining stuff is very complex and you should at least know for yourself what you are going for.
freeman797

Post by freeman797 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:15 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:47 am
freeman797 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:59 am for example
One of the most popular and effective mining programs is –Awesome Mine [censored]
GUI Miner- [censored]
NiceHash - https://www.nicehash.com
This post has been removed because posters must post links directly to the official site. These were indirect links to a third-party site that then provided additional links to what the reader was looking for - an annoying extra click that provides no value.
Awesome Miner - www.awesomeminer.com

GUI Miner did not find an official one https://bittention.com/software/downloa ... e-bitcoin/