Help configuring new GoldShell LT5 Pro to Prohashing

Discuss issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced Prohashing miners.
Forum rules
Welcome to the mining rig and connectivity support forum!

This forum is for discussing issues with mining rigs and connectivity issues with experienced PROHASHING miners. This is a great place to ask questions about connecting specific hardware to PROHASHING.

Remember, PROHASHING employees do not closely monitor the forums like we do the official support channels, so this forum's purpose is to connect you with other PROHASHING miners who have experience with similar hardware/issues. If you have connectivity issues you are unable to resolve here on the forum, please submit a ticket through the official support channels.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ragunnaath

Help configuring new GoldShell LT5 Pro to Prohashing

Post by ragunnaath » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:08 am

Hi folks.. I picked up a new GoldShell LT5 Pro but I'm not able to configure it to Prohashing. Can only select one of the available pools dxpool, f2pool, poolin, easy2mine... doesnt allow me to apply prohashing configuraiton.. anyone familiar with the issue? How do I configure to Prohashing.. ? Any help would be appreciated!
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Help configuring new GoldShell LT5 Pro to Prohashing

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:20 pm

ragunnaath wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:08 am Hi folks.. I picked up a new GoldShell LT5 Pro but I'm not able to configure it to Prohashing. Can only select one of the available pools dxpool, f2pool, poolin, easy2mine... doesnt allow me to apply prohashing configuraiton.. anyone familiar with the issue? How do I configure to Prohashing.. ? Any help would be appreciated!
Could you describe more about what you mean when you state "available pools?" Where is this list of available pools?
jreysack

Post by jreysack » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:51 pm

the list i believe is on the web interface after logging into the miner software via a browser. try upgrading to the latest firmware via goldshell website.
NearlyDeparted

Post by NearlyDeparted » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:01 pm

If its like the Goldshell miniDoge interface, you should fist unlock the interface. On the miner add screen where you said you see buttons for dxpool and others, do you see a line says URL you can type in, and below username and password.?
Plug in the lines from the configurator https://prohashing.com/tools/miner-configurator/Scrypt

Firmware updates if needed: https://github.com/goldshellminer/firmware
Official Telegram: https://t.me/goldshell_miner

ragunnaath

Post by ragunnaath » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:15 am

Folks.. thank you so much for your responses. I realised the "stratum+tcp" automatically getting prefixed to the pool address... so I just had to remove it from my input and keep it to only "prohashing.com:333" .. that fixed the issue.
Luke642

Post by Luke642 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:52 am

So, I connected my mini doge miner and I see that it is mining LTC sometimes, I assume it gets the doge too? and the switching algorithm accounts for the doge?
bMeister1

Post by bMeister1 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:45 pm

Luke642 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:52 am So, I connected my mini doge miner and I see that it is mining LTC sometimes, I assume it gets the doge too? and the switching algorithm accounts for the doge?
Yes. A cool feature of some scrypt algorithm coins is they can be merged mined, meaning shares your miner submits can count towards mining multiple coins at the same time. That's why you can't technically solo mine Doge here, because you actually merge mine it with Litecoin. Between that and the Proswitching feature, profits are pretty effectively optimized.